Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

how to reinforce a unit in a existing scenario?

J. van Limpt

I would like to add some tanks to certain tank units in the scenario Greyhound Dash, but i don't know how to do that. Can someone tell me please?

Kurt

Open the " Scenario Editor " , in the top left hand corner click File-Open , folders containing the scenario's you own will be displayed . Click on the scenario you want to edit ( Greyhound Dash ) and click Open . click on " Units " , locate the unit from the list , double-click it and its information box will pop up like so ;Screenshot 2017-01-24 20.38.44.png next click on the small number under " Qty" that you want to edit , Screenshot 2017-01-24 20.39.46.png enter the desired quantity Screenshot 2017-01-24 20.40.58.png I have changed the quantity of these tanks from 3 to 6 . Once your happy just click SAVE AS ......use a different file name such as " Greyhound Dash - Mod 1 " , please don't overwrite the original .
Let me know how you get on .

J. van Limpt

Kurt, I have another question. How do I add a vehicle to an existing unit? For instance, I would like to equip 1Coy 116 Pz Recon Bn with some Sdkfz 234/2 - Puma's.

Kurt

Ok to do this you need to use the Estab Editor feature . I can not do screen capture on this editor so just follow my instructions ;
Open the Estab Editor , in the top left corner click " FILE " , from the drop-down , click " OPEN " . Ok a list of available Estabs is now shown , select BFTBEstab and click OPEN . You now need to click the " FORCES " tab , in the drop-down is a list of nations , click Germany , click Heer . On your screen is a list of all the Heer unit types used in BFTB scenario's . Scroll down and select a StuG company , double click it and a box will open , click the EQUIPMENT/SUPPLY tab and you will see what equipment the unit has , in this case it will just be 14 X StuG III vehicles . Now keep the box open and go back over to the top left of screen and click " VEHICLES " , in the drop-down is a list of all available vehicles . Locate the Sdkfz 234 Puma , click and drag it into box ( into the vacant slot that reads <no item selected> ) , now add a quantity you desire . Rename this new unit as something like " J.van - panzer recon Coy " and save it . :inpain: . now you have to FILE , SAVE AS - choose a name for your unique Estab , please don't modify the original BFTBEstab . Now click COMPILE ESTAB , if no errors are listed then it is correct . ( the compiler is unforgiving , if you put crap in it will throw its toys out the cot and refuse to work ) .
Now you have to go open the Scenario Editor :confused: . Open " Greyhound Dash " , locate the option to " IMPORT ESTAB " , select your estab and import it ( it will replace the BFTBEstab ) . You can now replace the existing 116 Pzr Recon with your own modified pzr recon coy . Don't forget to save your scenario . :dead: ,
Here is the PDF of the official estab guide which will help .

Attachments

• CO2 Estab Editor Manual v0.9.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 3

J. van Limpt

Thank you very much, Kurt. It took me some time to figure out, despite your clear instructions, but I think I've got the hang of it now.

J. van Limpt

One thing that isn't clear to me, Kurt. How can I add a new unit to an existing scenario? For instance I would like to add an artillery unit to the scenario Greyhound Dash.

Kurt

This is easy , in the Scenario Maker you can right click on any unit and select either DUPLICATE or CREATE NEW SUBORDINATE . So if you right click on one of the artillery units and duplicate it then all you need do is rename it . If you create new subordinate then you have to flesh out the unit yourself . Remember to either place this new unit on the map or include it in the reinforcement schedule before you save .

J. van Limpt

Thank you, Kurt. But not entirely clear, I'm afraid. I want to add an unit of Korps Artillery to LVIII Panzer Korps, so I click on that icon and chose New subordinate. Now I have a 'blanco' unit. However I want to 'change' this unit in a unit with several 17cm K 18 batteries. Can that even be done?

Btw, I know that it not realistic, but I like to play a bit with the editor and make another version of this scenario, just for the fun of it.

Pieter

Anything can be done ;). Once you've created a new (blank) subordinate unit, go to the 'Estabs' tab, then Axis/Germany/Heer. Scroll down until you see WF -HR - 17 cm K18 Bty (mot). Drag this tot the 'estab' line in the 'Untitled - Unit Data Window (just below the Name). Now add a name, and a designation on the icon.(by double clicking on the icon). Click the OK button.
If you want more of K 17 batteries, you can duplicate the unit and then rename it.

Pieter