Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Icons on map boxes

PABO

Good morning, I am a french new owner of the game. I just achieved reading the rules guide, not yet started my first mission. One think is unclear to me: what is the purpose of various icons on map boxes ( appart from "flak" one, which sounds clear to me), I mean aircraft factory, submarines harbor, railway..?
Are they only pictural indications of target on this box, or do they have a functional input on the game (which one I didn't notice in the rules book...).
Thanks for your assistance.
Regards
Pascal

IronMarshal

The railroad, airplane, submarine symbols represent the type of target in that box. The gun icon indicates a flak check must be made whenever a squadron enters the box during the solo game. In the 2 player game the German player uses his flak counters to attempt flak attacks.

PABO

Good afternoon, thanks for your answer. So, as far as I understand, any other icon than "flan gun" is just an "illustration" (of the target type) but without any active participation in the game.