Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Info re Modding?

76mm

I thought that this game had a pretty active modding community, but I don't see a modding subforum on this site, and don't really see any info at all about modding. Can anyone refer me to some manuals or threads about modding? In particular I'd like to see more info about creating new maps and units.

john connor

Hey 76mm. The game comes with a mapmaker app (for making maps), a scenmaker app (for making or altering scenarios) and an estab editor (for creating forces, OOBs, units). All have fairly easy to grasp manuals, but you do need to study them and experiment. I haven't done any estab editing (making units, armies etc) and I gather that's the hardest of the 3 to grasp. I have tinkered at length with scenarios and its very easy to do. I've made a few maps and that's great fun and only slightly harder.

There were a fair few mods (maps, scenarios, OOBs) when the game was CO1, over at Matrix, but it's still new as CO2 right now and still getting up steam, I think. Caphillrat is about to produce an EF map, estab (the OOB for both sides) and scenario. You can look at his blog to get the idea of what kind of thing can be done. The Sharp End Gaming. Just as an example. http://thesharpendgaming.blogspot.fi/

I also started an 'article' in the articles section of this site using the scenario and map of Prokhorovka that I made. Just as another example. That's here: http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/xz-articles/kursk-comops-1-aar-part-1.8/

Peter

There doesn't seem to be a modding sub forum or such like. No. And, in fact, there aren't really any mods, as such, produced. You can't mess with the code. You can make maps, make armies and make scenarios for them.

Last edited:

76mm

Thanks Peter, actually what you describe--maps, armies, and scenarios--is exactly what I had in mind. I'll take a look at the links you posted.

Are any of the manuals you describe available online? I downloaded the manual for CO1 but it didn't seem to include anything on these topics.

Last edited:

Matt D.

I don't think the estab, mapmaker, and scenmaker manuals are out for CO2 yet, they are included in the CO1 install. If you don't have CO1, PM me and I can upload those manuals.

76mm

Does anyone know how big maps can be in CO2? In CO1 it looks like they were limited to 50x40, but in one of the blogs I saw that they can be much bigger in CO2--do we know how much bigger?