Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Information on Status Markers

Paul McGuane

I would like to see information on status markers that indicate what the units under those markers can do. The default position would be "a unit under a status marker can do only the things listed on the marker." Some markers would, therefore, have nothing on them (like the FIRED marker -- a unit under a fired marker can't do anything).

For example, an OPS COMPLETE marker might be marked thus:

OF -1 IFP
OF MG FT x 1/2 FP
OF others +2 DRM OFT

(the unit can opportunity fire at -1 to its inherent firepower, may fire machine guns and flame throwers at x1/2 firepower, and SWs that use the OFT with a +2 DRM).

The ASSAULT MOVE marker might have:

FIRE +2 FP
OF +2 FP.

Perhaps icons could be developed rather than my clumsy abbreviations.

Cool idea, I reckon put this info on the counter reverse so there's lots of rooms or it...a side effect of this is one sided markers I'm forever going through heaps of counters checking both sides to find what I need!

Also a few generic open/buttoned markers would be nice for all the turretless vehicles....

Trent Garner

Paul,
I like the idea of more info on some markers, it would help when learning the game. However, most of this data becomes second nature to experienced players.

Captain Darling,
There is a generic counter for 'Buttoned' that we are using in the new Vassal modules, and it is not a turret counter. I believe this counter may be available in the new versions of the board games, as well. You place the counter to show when a vehicle is buttoned up, or simply remove the counter when the vehicle is not buttoned. Works equally well on tanks, APC's, SPA, etc. Not to worry, the turret counters are still ever-present, found in the usual Buttoned and Unbuttoned configurations.

You can actually see this new 'Buttoned' counter if you check any of the new Vassal modules, it is already incorporated.

Thanks Trent, not up to speed with VASSAL (old school real bit of cardboard clutched in my hand sort of guy here) so I'll hope there are some in the new releases...

Trent Garner

Funny enough, the counter I refer to is in the thread for Open/Buttoned in LnLT Features and Requests. It is quite generic, actually. I am probably wrong about this being included in the print games, I spoke out of turn there, apologies. It was wishful thinking on my part.

Hey Trent, thanks, the counter in that post looks out of place for WW II and doesn't colour match anyway, I'll continue to use non matching turrets on my STUGs etc...pity we aren't getting colour coded ones in the future counter sets :( ...