Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Linux users thread

Perturabo

Hey, has anyone managed to run it under Wine? The furthest I got was to the scenario choice screen - it crashes when loading map.

How many of us are there anyway?

Strobe

Crossover user here. CO2 doesn't even seem to start (no dialog, no start screen, nothing), whereas the previous version ran perfectly fine (except for some minor font issues). :depressed:

The same holds for the editors - except the EStab Editor, which starts normally and seems to work without problems...

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Not sure as to why but I would suspect the reason is the fact that we no longer support XP. To implement the new overlays and other graphic changes we had to ditch XP support. I'm afraid we don't have a Linux box here to test that and we don't warrant that it will run under Linux.

Perturabo

Not sure as to why but I would suspect the reason is the fact that we no longer support XP. To implement the new overlays and other graphic changes we had to ditch XP support. I'm afraid we don't have a Linux box here to test that and we don't warrant that it will run under Linux.
What are they based on? I'm thinking about starting a page for CO2 on Wineappdb and filing bug reports, maybe if enough people would report, they'd look into what's missing from Wine.

Perturabo

Thanks for the info. They began working on implementing D2D in Wine 1.7.19 and apparently it's still work in progress.

EdJaws

The cat's meow would be getting a native port for CO2 like what Aspyr Media did for Civ 5 or what Feral Interactive did for Xcom EU - EW. I'd buy the game again, full price, if that happened.

If it wasn't for my wife's need for work software and my playing JA2 and now CO2 on Windows, I'd delete the windows partition in a heartbeat. My gaming needs aren't many and certainly not enough to hassle with wine, though I do play a couple an OLD Sid Meier's game (Silent Service) in dosbox.

Currently I'm having no luck setting permissions for CO2 so I can play it without running as admin. Don't know what's up with that as I've got all my other software setup so users can use it without problems. I'm going to delete the core engine, as that's all I've installed so far, and start from scratch. Probably user (my) error ;-].

EdJaws

Rating "garbage", LMAO.

I don't blame you for wanting to bring THE best war game to Linux as I can't stand using Windows. But did you really want to step in it up to your chin?

Good luck brother.

Perturabo

Rating "garbage", LMAO.

I don't blame you for wanting to bring THE best war game to Linux as I can't stand using Windows. But did you really want to step in it up to your chin?

Good luck brother.
That's rating for wine, not the game :p .

blond_knight

I spun up Fedora 21 and OpenSuse 13.2 VM's at work to test it myself. You guys are doing better than me, I cant even get them to install .Net45 either through winetricks or from the .Net45 install in the game folder. None of the .exe's start for me.
The dotnet install is bombing out because its looking for the Windows update service and the Windows modules installer service. I was assuming WINE didnt emulate these yet but again you guys seem to be having better luck.