Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnLT Play By Forum: HoN #14 Assault on Vierville

Rydo

I'll check the spot this afternoon. To keep things moving, can you let me what you'd like to do if the Spot succeeds? If it fails?
[ Orders ] If spot succesfull then open fire with the whole stack ( Lt.Plassman and the squad + mg ). If it fail Try to spot the American squad in LOS of Lt.Koch and if succesfull open fire with him and the mg.

Ty Snouffer

Turn 3

Plassman doesn't spot. Koch does spot US MMC but subsequent fire is NE.
US Spots MMC in wooded structure and DF Shakes him.

German orders?

Current State:
image.png

Ty Snouffer

I forgot to place a Spotted marker on J3. Barthhart, let me know if that changes your order or not for the Medic. He'll be moving into a Spotted hex. You may be ok with that but I wanted to make sure.

Ty Snouffer

Turn 3

German Medic LCs to wood building
US Sniper fires at Medic with NE

Only the German MMC left in L4 I believe.

German orders?

Current State
image.png

Ty Snouffer

Turn 3

German fire is NE. End of Turn.

Turn 4
Germans win initiative again.
Rally Phase, one MMC rallies for Germans, one does not. I shifted the SW from the Leader to the MMC. Let me know if you didn't want that.

Operations. Germans first impulse
Orders?
image.png

Rydo

Its ok for the mg.

We are into turn 3, we've not made any advance, a squad is shaken and we're bogged down as i was fearing.

And most important the Americans have the dice with them.

I think we should have split our forces like i've done in my AAR were i entered the board the same way as this and won as the germans.

I love this scenario for this unpredictability!

I'm shaken too...i don't know what to do to switch back the odds in our favor...any help fellow Barth? You Ty, a little help?

Ty Snouffer

For the record, this is the beginning of Turn 4.

The Germans certainly have their work cut out for them. Not a lot of excess units to draw out the Americans, the opposing units are concentrated and the clock is against them.

I wish that one unit wasn't shaken, but I would probably start rushing the Americans and working Plassman to the South in a roundabout move.

Rydo

For the record, this is the beginning of Turn 4.

The Germans certainly have their work cut out for them. Not a lot of excess units to draw out the Americans, the opposing units are concentrated and the clock is against them.

I wish that one unit wasn't shaken, but I would probably start rushing the Americans and working Plassman to the South in a roundabout move.
First of all i want to say that i'm really impressed by the actions of the AI. I was expecting stupid moves but instead played great.

I might consider getting the solo module if its that good. Just curious to see how it reacts to more open scenarios and with vehicles and helicopters.

Now back on topic, the problem is that by rushing south we'll expose the whole Lt.Plass stack in the open...WAIT!!!

Not all is lost!

[ Orders ] : Activate Lt.Koch and double time with the squad in this way: F2 --> E2 --> D3 --> C3 --> C4

Then wait for the American move.

Ty Snouffer

Well, I'd say the AEO choices for this scenario are pretty straightforward especially on defense. As a player I would probably be passing more. Whatever the case, it is going fine for the US.

TURN 4 IMPULSE 1
: Kock and stack move without incident
: Medrow attempts to spot Plassman but fails.

German impulse.
Current state:
image.png

Rydo

Next move ( please Ty be mercifull ) is:

[ Orders ] : Activate Lt.Plassman and his men and first lay down smoke into L5 then if succesful double time ( beta rulebook 4.2 page 20 7.0 smoke rules, please Ty give us at least that rule :cat: ) in : M4 --> M5 --> L6 --> L7 --> K7.

Then let's wait for the US.

Ty Snouffer

Sorry, 4.1 is the current, official set. Let me know if you still want to try the smoke.

Ty Snouffer

TURN 4 IMPULSE 2
: German Smoke attempt fails
: US Sniper spots J3 but shot at Medic has NE

German orders
Current state:
image.png

Rydo

TURN 4 IMPULSE 2
: German Smoke attempt fails
: US Sniper spots J3 but shot at Medic has NE

German orders
Current state:
image.png
[ Order ] - Lt.Plassman spot attempt at us stack and if work open fire!

Last edited:

Ty Snouffer

Open fire with what? The MMC he is with is Ops Complete. Remember the logs are available to help you see what is going on.

Also, please remember to precede your orders with [Order] so I know you are speaking for actual orders and not just chatting on the forum.

Rydo

Open fire with what? The MMC he is with is Ops Complete. Remember the logs are available to help you see what is going on.

Also, please remember to precede your orders with [Order] so I know you are speaking for actual orders and not just chatting on the forum.
I forgot about the smoke attempt, my bad.

About the order thing ok i forgot that too and was on the phone. Sorry.