Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Lock n load with asl delux maps

I find it’s really cool
The boards are brilliant for conveying city fighting
I may add my tide of Stalingrad iron rubble and bomb creators to most of the orchard and forest hex’s
Orchard rules replaced by brush
forest well one can choose heavy or light (light would be much more thematic for city)
I’m toying with the idea to have multi level buildings 2 possibly 3 and have certain levels ruined
Also Think about Stalingrad sewer rules
Also I am considering buying GHQ miniatures which are 6mm scale that sit perfectly on asl delux and tide of iron boards. When I upgrade my “not one step back” with heroes of motherland I’m thinking to glue my 5x 6mm infantry to the old full squad (2 to the half squad ) counters so you can even read all the stats on the counter.
I have been a long term player of asl but I’m giving up now
I’m older and so many games so little time . Lock n load is my replacement as asl has not upgraded itself since 1985 and is MMP is exactly great for fans of asl
Times have moved on asl (apart from terrific delux) is so old hat now such tiny hex boards tiny counters the boards look so lame these days many scenarios you have to imagine the terrain as the scenarios depict completely different terrain than the boards they tell you to pick . Asl is great but lock n load tactical is so well supported now and upgraded for 2018 a fantastic publisher absolutely rock . I’m really impressed . Cheers all
Steve

Attachments

• 1270AA1F-4191-4507-9AFF-2A65764BE05E.jpeg
    1270AA1F-4191-4507-9AFF-2A65764BE05E.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 44
  • FAC7990C-136B-490F-B8A9-F3656487CB2F.jpeg
    FAC7990C-136B-490F-B8A9-F3656487CB2F.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 35

Cjstringer

Interesting idea, particularly as I have the deluxe ASL boards! What are you doing for scenarios? Any adaptations of the deluxe ASL ones?

I’m really waiting for the release of the scenario generator then that will really be fantastic
I have considered adapting from the asl scenarios but one must take into account the difference in in the the way asl and LNL model their squads i think it can be done and I will give it a try sometime
I now own 17 of the asl delux boards
The 8 original
4 new ones from the winter offensive pack and 7 from the French company.
I think they work really well
Also mentioning the geo Ophir tide of iron boards. These are graphically superior and same size as the asl ones
I bought 2 sets of the winter snow boards and 3 sets of the Stalingrad ones.
All these look awesome and one can use the wire rubble and many other counters from this set to do to the graphic appeal instead of the LNL ones as we all know the simple maths for all the foxholes and stuf f (+1)
I’ll post some pictures later in the year of LOL set up with these

Thanks Nelson ...me too and what with the battle generator coming out soon. My tide of iron still in storage so it may need to wait 3 months before I can deliver

Mike Burskey

Stephen, I was toying around with my ASL Deluxe Maps and the LnL counters last night.

How did you modify LnL terrain rules for the ASL maps? Orchards are a hindrance that would add +1 TEM in ASL. How about elevation/hills? How would this come into play in LnL when using the ASL boards?

Thanks for sharing! Using these boards would greatly expand an already great series.

Mike

Hi Mike
Great your trying this too
I think it’s quite easy to adapt the rules
And I do same thing with Orchards +1 terrain and +1 hindrance except through road of course
Elevations I just use existing rules but do add an extra level of building on dense city boards ie level 2 when the building covers 3 hex so each building hex would have 3 location level ground level 1 and level 2
Really perfect for lock n load and even better graphically are the tide of iron boards (same size hexes as asl)

I have many of the ASL boards scanned and printed at a scale to allow use with the Lock n Load components.

I've also added ASL mapboards to the Lock n Load VASSAL Modules.

I'll have to check out the Tide of Iron boards.

- Charlie

The tides of iron boards are great with lots of heavy duty overlays
You have
snow boards
Normal rural and small town “green “ boards
Rugged desert boards aka Tunisia
And Stalingrad ruined city boards
You can even use the superior tides of iron fortification counters if you know l n l rules for them