Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

messages?

*budd*

we're still supposed to get the messages at the top of the screen..right? My message box populates, but i don't leave it open[i might if i could resize it] so i miss messages unless i have the message box open, sometimes you need to know right when your reinforcements arrive:D

*budd*

They were showing up now and then before the patch, haven't seen any since the patch. i'll have to keep the message box open then. Is the box re-sizing coming in a patch soon?

rjantzi

What I'm finding in 5.08 is that, if the message log dialogue is closed then all messages appear at the top of the screen. If the dialogue box is open then the messages show there but not at the top of the screen. If the dialogue is closed and a message appears on the screen I can open the dialogue log and the message will disappear from the screen right away and it will be visible in the dialogue box. If I have the dialogue open and a message appears and I close the dialogue box the message will then pop up at the top of the screen.

*budd*

sounds good, but i don't get any messages on my screen currently, only way for me to see messages is if the box is open. I like what he describes. I'll go double check to make sure.

*budd*

just played Hoffen, i get no messages on my screen.Only way i can see messages is if the message box is open. I like the best of both worlds thing how do i get that :arghh: As a side note damn Hoffen north is tough to take.

Nick S

I occasionally see messages at the top, but there's no rhyme or reason to it that I can tell. However, they're all in the message box when I open it. I only found that out by visiting this thread. :wtf: I was missing some airstrike availability notifications but fortunately the AI was taking reasonable care of that. I still wanted to manage it a few times against some immediate threats.

Currently playing Joe's bridge loosely based on the strat guide, plus the CO1 video tutorial.

rjantzi

So, here's another twist to this thread. When I descibed how the messages were working for me (see above) I was playing with lots of dialogue windows open. I'm now playing Greyhound Dash and I've changed to having only the Main & the Control dialogues open (I open the other windows as needed and then close them when finished). When I play like this I get the same results Budd described (i.e. no messages showing up on the top of the screen but all messages showing in the message box). I do find that if I leave the Orders window open I begin to see the messages showing up on the screen again. As soon as I close the Orders window the messages stop appearing on the screen.

rjantzi

I've now tried having the Objectives, Tools, & OB dialogue windows open on screen and the messages don't show up on-screen with any of these dialogues open. For me, having the messages show on screen seems to be dependant upon having the Orders dialogue open. Hope this helps.

*budd*

I don't get any messages on the screen since the update, before that it was hit or miss. I'd sure like the messages to show on screen, not just see my messages in the message box, i miss a lot of messages. I'll try the orders box thing as a work around. Hope it gets fixed, the message box takes up a lot of real estate. Ideally i'd like an option like with the message box, choosing which messages show on screen.

*budd*

just wondering about the future status of receiving messages. Currently i only see messages on screen when i have the orders box open. when i have no boxes open or other combinations without the orders box i get no messages on screen. I'd rather have messages on screen or both, still missing a lot of messages and having the message box open all the time takes up some real estate. Just wondering what your shooting for final release in the future.

*budd*

No worries, its a minor inconvenience at best. Go get a cold one and step away from the keyboard. You all did a hell of a job to get this out for the weekend. Appreciate it.