Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Modding Question

Bill

I'm new to scenario creation and I'm curious how when creating a force for a historic (i.e. real) battle, how does one accurately represent the manpower of a given side? Even if one has the TO&E, that's only an idealized representation. Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me ideas? What have others done?

Upon re-reading my post I think I should have said 'how does one feel that the unit strengths for represented units are accurate for the scenario I've created.' I understand how to do the mechanics of it. I just have never felt comfortable with unit strengths (or unit morale for that matter).

For example, if I'm creating a scenario of a particular battle and my sources of information don't go into whether the sides were at low or high strength (manpower-speaking) or low or high morale, what would I go with? Full-strength and keep tweaking it downward until the battle seems correct? And my question is specific to Command Ops 2 either. I'm posting it here because I think it is appropriate for a game of this (represented) scale.

Thanks,

Bill

Last edited:

Kurt

Hey Bill , I design scenario's , the details like unit strengths and morale can be found by thorough research , there are plenty of on-line sites and forums to search through . Don't rely on just one source like " wikipedia " as it is not accurate . Common sites I use are " Axis History Forum " , " Feldgrau " and " Lexikon der Wehrmacht " , I also buy books . If you want accurate historical detail then be prepared to spend the time and effort on your research , its a bit like being a detective .

Bill

Thanks a lot Kurt. Research, Research, Research. I guess if after everything I can't find what I want, I can start with particular percentages and work my way towards a proper (i.e. close to historical) battle outcome.

Thanks again.

Bill