Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

New computer games don't work

Kurt J Kozyra

I got a new computer and I moved my games, I have them all and they don't work. Can I re-download? It says these products are not properly authorized, contact support.

Thanks,
Kurt

panzerpit

Have you copied all the files from an old computer to the new one? If so, try to reinstall them.

I got a new computer and I moved my games, I have them all and they don't work. Can I re-download? It says these products are not properly authorized, contact support.

Thanks,
Kurt
If you simply copied the files for the games on your old computer to the new one, they won't work.

If you saved the original download files, or received an install disk to install the game, you should be able to re-install from the disk, or I believe, by copying the install files to the new computer and running them.

If you didn't save the original download files, then go to your Lock 'n Load account, and look for "Downloads and Serial Keys" on the first page.

Re-download your purchase to the new computer and then run the install program. Note the serial numbers for the downloaded files because you'll be asked for them to perform the install.

If you had an older version of CO 2 modified by later updates, you'll also have to go back to the Lock 'n Load update thread(s) and run the updates to the current version.

I had a computer disk crash a couple of years ago, and had to reinstall the game using these techniques. Everything worked fine afterwards,