Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

New player: have some questions for Heroes of the Falklands

Hello all. I won a copy of Heroes of the Falklands at a convention last week and a friend and I sat down for our first game today. Neither of us had played a LNL game before and we ran into some questions.

1) Do LAW rockets, Bazookas etc get used up the way Milan ATGMs do? I watched a let's play video that made reference to a weapons depletion number but I don't recall seeing anything in the rules about this other than for ATGMs. Is this the number in the brown box on the front of the LAW chit? I ask because the Argentinian bazookas were absolute murder against my Brit Paras in buildings.

2) Air strikes occur on the impulse immediately after either side roll doubles. If the Argentinian player has their flash ability triggered that turn (allowing a squad to roll 2d6 and choose the best one instead of rolling 1d6), does this count as doubles since one die is being discarded? What about units that can roll 3d6 on the Flash turns such as snipers? If two of the 3 dice roll the same number, does that count as doubles for the purposes of triggering an air strike?

3) Is there a limit to the number of airstrikes that can occur in a single turn? We had all three airstrikes occur on turn three due to all the doubles being rolled on account of the Argie Flash.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
1) No. The brown box is the HE equivalent, to be used agaisnt non-armored targets
2) Yes to the first sub-question and I'm inclined to say yes to the second
3) No. Makes for very intense turns :)