Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

NORDWIND

Kurt

Your welcome Takoda , It is possible to achieve a decisive victory as Germans , even with " favour Allies" and "more supply" for Allies . Good luck .

kylania

Is this scenario no longer available for some reason? I can't seem to find any of the links people are talking about in this thread nor anything in Resources as mentioned in other posts.

john connor

I think Kurt might have taken it down because there are now plans to put his scenarios into an official pack, maybe.

Peter

kylania

Wow, that's extremely disappointing to remove community content in order to charge for it. Removing content like that is far more likely to lose sales than generate them since it seems to indicate greed over enjoyment or getting your product out to more people.

I've been on the fence about spending the $100 to get into Command Ops 2 and was looking for more examples of play to experience if it was worth the investment but seeing what seems to be a compelling and enjoyable freely released scenario taken down just to charge for it is a huge discouragement for getting into this series.

john connor

Well i could be wrong. That was just a guess. But Kurt joined the development team, and its up to him what to do with his work. Since he's now developing scenarios for Panther it would seem these scenarios are not really community any longer. And i think your comments aboug it smacking of greed are so far wide of the mark they make me cringe a bit, because i think no one has made any money at all out of command ops and the owner/lead developer/one man show behind the series has to constantly look for other work to support himself. And, it seems to me, thats nearly always the way it is with low budget, low earning niche war games put together on enthusiasm and love for afficionados like you and me. With Panther im afraid always that the whole thing is about to stop, full stop, because it is so much a niche game. No one makes money out of these things. So enjoy your free engine and free content whilst you can!

Peter

Kurt

Yes john connor is correct kylania , There is effectively zero cash to be made out of this game . I withdrew my scenario so I could join the development team which is an honor , but also it means I can access " enhanced scenario development resources " . This enables me to produce scenario's of a high standard and speeds up creation of new ones . You never know , you could be joining us yourself one day .

rocketman

Most wargames I have played rely heavily on community involvement which is one reason I like it. Close relations to dedicated developers and so on. You know your comments and ideas will be listened to and taken into consideration. Also if you want to create scenarios, mods etc it is an additional aspect of it that sometimes can be as much fun as playing the game. To have others enjoy what you do, now there is a source of satisfaction. If it, like for Kurt, makes them a part of the "inner sanctum" - I tip my hat and congratulate them. Because in the end that only strengthens development of the game as well as the community. It benefits us all. And like Kurt says, most niche war games is a zero profit business that is solely fuelled by dedication and a creative vision.

kylania

Thanks for the comments and explanation Kurt and Peter.

The explanation that you had to remove previous content in order to join the dev team and gain access to the enhanced tools is just bizarre however. If anything, leaving that content available for potential customers is a plus. You can say "See how great this is? Just wait till you see the full version and all the other upcoming content in Stubbed Toe: The March to Berlin coming out this June!"

There's no conflict in having a "Free version" and a "Full version" of a scenario. New and potential customers get to experience scenarios showing off the skill and attention to detail that the new scenario developer for Panther Games used with the tools available to everyone and get to look forward to seeing what can be done professionally with expanded tools and resources once they pre-order STTMTB (which must now be the name of the next expansion by the way, you're welcome).

I'll admit some of my ire at this is that I had looked forward to seeing content from Kurt, as nearly every thread here has some great advice or allusions to scenarios made by him, and not being able to find any is disappointing.