Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Now for something completely Different

LnL Team

Designer / Developer
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hello

We would like to welcome Ed Teixeira and his team from Two Hour Wargames to LnL Publishing. We are honored to have such a design team now working so closely with us. Please find below some screenshots for the new Heroes of the Colosseum (formerly Red Sand, Blue Sky and Charioteer). I will let Ed write about the features and answer any game play questions........... Take it away Ed.

David

Attachments

• HOTC1.JPG
    HOTC1.JPG
    396.2 KB · Views: 14
  • HOTC2.JPG
    HOTC2.JPG
    227.1 KB · Views: 15
  • HOTC3.JPG
    HOTC3.JPG
    371.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator:

Ed the THW Guy

Just Play the Game!
Website
twohourwargames.com
Thanks to David for the opportunity to join the LnL family. Our game designers are pumped!

Heroes of the Colosseum is the upcoming game that will let players not only fight in the arena, as one of nine different gladiator types, but race chariots head to head.

On the gladiator side, you build your gladiator using three shared Attributes - Savvy, Strength, and Speed. These determine how well you can fight, how fast you are when trying to gain a position to attack, and how much damage you can take. We also use Signatures - traits that help to personalize your character - as well as a variety of fighting styles. When you're finished, you'll have a unique gladiator that can be used over and over.

We have a way to increase your Attributes as you gain victories. What's the ultimate goal? To reach the Colosseum and freedom! Heroes of the Colosseum has a light bookkeeping campaign system and a way to generate Non-Player Gladiators that makes the game ideal for solo or same side play. Can you play head to head against your friends? You bet you can and either way makes for exciting games, where no two games will ever be the same.

Now let's talk chariot racing. What makes our racing unique is how we move around the oval. Where most games have each chariot moving around the track, resulting in them becoming strung out and effectively out of the race, we use the Pack mechanic. We track each chariot in the Pack in relationship to each other. This mean that players are always in the race. It's common for a chariot to be bashed into the wall by an opponent and forced backwards while the following chariots maneuver past it. With the pack mechanic, your'e never out of the race...well at least until someone wrecks you.

Like the gladiator side of the game, we've use similar mechanics to make your drivers and teams unique. perfect for one off games or a campaign.

David and I have talkes about bringing more THW games over to LnL and we're looking forward to it. Want to help? Go on over to the THW website and take a look around. Tell us what interests you and this will help us to produce the games you want. Thanks for the help and remember ...just play the game!

http://www.twohourwargames.com/

Gottardo Zancani

Designer / Developer
Website
zak965.it
Great to hear about this game Ed! And I especially like the idea of THW and LnL working together.

Red Sand, Blue Sky is one of my favourite titles from THW so having this game now available on a "complete" package (rules, components, map) is really great.

About the wishlist, since ATZ is already in the works, I surely would like to have Nuts! and 5150 Star Army components published from LnL.

Zak

Ed the THW Guy

Just Play the Game!
Website
twohourwargames.com
Great to hear about this game Ed! And I especially like the idea of THW and LnL working together.

Red Sand, Blue Sky is one of my favourite titles from THW so having this game now available on a "complete" package (rules, components, map) is really great.

About the wishlist, since ATZ is already in the works, I surely would like to have Nuts! and 5150 Star Army components published from LnL.

Zak
Hi Zak,
Thanks for the input. It's exactly what we are looking for, much appreciated,
Ed

Ludanto

Awesome. I'm just waiting for this game to be available. :)

If I had to pick one thing to follow it, I'd say some sort of compiled 5150: Star Army thing.

Jeromy Smith

It's a toss up, 5150 Star Army and Warrior Heroes Legends both get my vote. I'm a big fan of both THW and LnL, so if I can get a boxed version of these games I'd love it. One suggestion from me, since these games have random terrain that takes up 3' by3' of table space, maybe have 9 1' by 1' boards (or 4 1.5' by 1.5')with only grass printed on it. Then you could include different terrain (trees, buildings, water, etc) as different pieces so you can still customize the layout. To keep the game affordable have the base set of 5150 have only 2-4 armies and then release expansions with other armies that include terrain and boards from their home worlds to give different battles their own flavor. Or maybe have sets with two armies like Star Army vs. Hishen/Grath, ISS vs. Bugs, PDF vs. Free Company.

Really great news all round with THW news plus the ZunTzu stuff and computer game development. Very interested in the direction LNLpublishing is going.

Big fan of THW stuff and definitely looking forward to some versions being published with components. I don't really have time for painting miniatures, so I mostly use the rulesets with my own paper components, or virtual tabletop software. Recently got a big magnetic whiteboard to try using with some counters mounted on magnetic paper, can draw the terrain on with dry erase markers and leave the whole thing setup if I want. Boxed versions would be great but I'd really love to see some of them also published as print and play games as this gives me the flexibility to mess with how i use the components. It's a nice compromise between boardgaming and miniatures gaming.

Maurice Fitzgerald

Staff member
Website
moesgametable.com
Great to see the THW games getting the board game treatment from LnL! I too throw my vote in for the 5150 series and Warrior Heroes, both of these would make great board games for sure!

Ken Warren

I have several THW games (5150: Star Army, Battalion Commander & Star Navy, plus, ATZ, Haven, & Hospital 911) but I haven't purchased any of the gladiator games yet. Heroes of the Colosseum looks awesome! I'm looking forward to this one, plus all the others that will follow. I do have the ATZ boardgame version, so updating that with the current rules would be awesome, too!