Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Opinions about Rules Rules 4.2.1 Beta

Starman

Which rules sets are you playing ?

How well tested are the rules beyond 4.1 ?

I think apart from some clarifications the main changes are :-

Reaction Opportunity Fire:- OF for normally non eligible GO units (even Fired ) on a D6 = 6 .

Assault Fire:- similar to Assault Move but Fire before move with same penalties as AM but must move in the same impulse. It states "Assault Fire CANNOT be used for OF" which is obvious as its in the activated units impulse. However it can reaction fire according to RF rules above. Units using Stealth Movement and Vehicles can use AF.

Successful Smoke Laying units can move with a Movement Allowance less one 1MP.

Last edited:

Starman

Having now played with LNLT Solo , which not only am I enjoying it butit speeds up the game because I only need to think "am I being reasonable with the other side" in the scope of the selected order.

Suggestions (mainly for solo)

Smoke alters the LOS and provides cover and not surprising the enemy tends to charged through it , however the fact that a level 2 smoke will dissipate can and probably will leave them exposed. I would suggest that level2 smoke are removed on a 1-4. This may even be worth applying to non solo system.

If a unit can move after successful smoke attempt why not after unsuccessful attempt(not just solo)?

Movement Dynamic - If not able to StealthAssault move or Low Crawl but Terrain within reach and towards PU/Objective, move to maximise move and cover.