Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

opportunity fire

frank oliver

A squad marked with a Ops Complete marker firing at a moving enemy squad is their a -1 to its IFP or do they fire at full FP ? A unit under an Ops Complete marker can fire at full FP at a hex it has spotted during the same impulse. So if an enemy squad is moving two hexes away in open ground which is auto spotted does the squad with the Ops Complete marker get full FP or -1 because they are marked with Ops Complete?

ChuckB

(Really not an expert at all but) my understanding would be that the unit fires with a -1 penalty, as I understand the rule about the spotted hex taking into account the specific effort an actively spotting unit into the process that then leads to not incurring the penalty, applying this to hexes that are auto-spotted does not feel right to me

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Ops complete units always fire at -1 FP, unless they fire at a ennemy squad they (or a leader in their hex) just actively spotted in the same impulse.