Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Opportunity Movt. Skill question

Herb

If a leader uses the opportunity movement skill to move himself and a squad with him (used instead of op firing), are they themselves subject to opportunity fire while using opportunity movement?
I am using a move action during my impulse, and then my opponent uses opp. movement, it doesn't make sense that I might be able to use op fire on my own impulse!
any thoughts on this?
We are house ruling it for now, but wanted to see how others play this. Herb

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I don't allow Opp fire by the active player while the reactive player is using his opportunity movement skill

Last edited:
I agree and would say no, since the card says opportunity movement is treated as opportunity fire and on page 16 under 5.3 (v4.1 Rules) it says opportunity fire is not treated as an impulse and it also says opportunity fire can only occur during an opponents impluse, ergo since opportunity movement doesn’t count as an impulse no opportunity fire...clear as mud...hehehehe...anyway that’s how I read it.

If there is a clear ruling to the contrary I’m happy to change :)...

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Well, now that we have V5.0 rules, I'm not so sure about my rule interpretation of this skill because 6.8 does allow opp fire against unit using opportunity movement. So, unless the opportunity movement skill is to be considered differently...