Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Ops Complete

Mark Stout

Another quick question. I know rule states that attempting to spot, failing and being marked as ops complete does not constitute an impulse. But how failing a smoke attempt. I'm assuming it's the same, but we all know what assuming gets you.

Thanks, guys.

Barthheart

Staff member
I believe that attempting to throw smoke is an impulse. It's a "bigger" action than just trying to spot something.

Norm

V5 rules, the infantry playthrough on page 165. It has the German player roll for smoke - and it basically says … they roll a 2, giving a successful placing of the smoke marker. The German impulse is not over. The example then goes on to move the squad at -1 MF.

The term 'impulse is not over' due to success, implies that failure of the same would mean the impulse IS over. I have always played it that way.

Also the spotting rule goes out of its way to show that failure of a spot alone does not use the impulse - other rules including smoke do not say that. So the rules taken at face value have spotting as the EXCEPTION to impulse conclusion.