Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Pindos Historical Campaign

Guy Miller

Decided to take a break from the Bastogne series, needed a change of scenary.

This is the Pindos Campaign, you can read the Briefing so I won't recap it all here. Basically I have days to get to the other side of the mountain. Two objectives: Kill. Exit.

The enemy is initially weak, though help is on the way. My biggest problems will be terrain and quality of leadership. You can see my plan of attack (and exit), as well as my issue with the command process with the Italian forces. I expect serious orders delay so i will have to be very decisive with my orders. Recon becomes very important.

pindos1.png
Pindos 2.png Pindos 3.png Pindos 4.png

Guy Miller

In the north, I met resistance right away, and a lot more than what i thought. I got caught with my pants down when the Greeks counter-attacked when I was re-orging. I was surprised at how well my Italians did in close combat situations. I managed to cross the river and flank the opposition and thus surrounding them. Unlike the previous campaigns I played as the Germans in Bastogne, I do not have much artillery here to soften up the Greek soldiers. Not do I have armor. But the Combat Power of "6" on most of these front line units did me well as I hit the Greeks head on. Hopefully I can finish of the Greek 51st REG in day 2 and settle in to rest my troops at night.

in the south, I advanced unopposed all the way to Konitsa. Now I just have to hang on for a few days until reinforcements come to press East for the exit.

Pindos 5.png Pindos 6.png

Guy Miller

It's quiet....too quiet. In the South it seems like there are no Greeks to block the way. I know an attack is coming from somewhere though and I'm beginning to get the feeling that I am over extended already. In the South I only wanted to prepare the way for my reinforcing 49 REG. Perhaps I am getting too greedy, we shall see. It will be interesting to see when and where the allies counter-attack.
Pindos 7.png

IN the north the action around the Sarandaporos River has been fierce. The bridgehead was hotly contested and as I moved a couple Battalions through quickly I left a good amount of Greeks behind to threaten my rear. So I leave a Battalion behind to deal with them. The forces over the bridge will continue to probe southeast. Their purpose is draw as much attention as possible as a diversion from what I hope to be a smooth advance of the 49 REG in the south.

Pindos 8.png
Pindos 9.png

Guy Miller

well no doubt everyone is a quiver with excitement to see how this turns out...
After Day 6 I am on the full defensive in three areas. I was not at all anticipating such a quick and focused counter attack from the north east. My guys are surrounded and will probably be annihilated. Elsewhere I am set up for ambush and in strong defensive positions.

pindos1.png pindos2.png pindos3.png

Guy Miller

After 6 days of continuous counter-attacks by the Greeks, my forces finally were able to rest, after a marginal victory.

In this scenario, the initial objective of EXIT was easy, and most of my DESTROY points were won in the first three days. After that, it was 6 days of defense against some unbelievably fast and concentrated counter attacks. I was not planning on being on defense for so long, so the first day or two of beating off CA's caught me off guard. By day 6 I settled into easily defended positions and help my ground.

On the last day I launched some surprise attacks that caught the Allies with their pants down. I don't think it scored me any more points, but it took the pressure off some active areas and made them scramble to protect their ART and BASES.

I like long scenarios, but the last few days of this particular scenario were pretty slow. In hind sight I wouldn't have spread out my forces so much, headed for the high ground and set up a brutal ART group and pounded the Allies as they slogged up hill to come get me. pindos10.png pindos11.png pindos12.png pindos13.png

Reactions: Bie