Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Question about vehicle stats

acctingman69

Just wondering if anyone knows what went into the armor stats and gun penetration values for these games? I'm always intrigued how each game designer comes up with their data and what they "brew" together to get their numerical values.

Thanks

Nick DelCorpo

I think the problem here is no one knows 100% except Mark Walker, but with a little thought I think it could probably be "reverse engineered." Another thing that would be helpful here is one of the scenario generators (it creates a point system), alas I do not own any. Great question though!!! (or perhaps it's a kind of "trade secret" of the game?)

Last edited:

Rydo

Just wondering if anyone knows what went into the armor stats and gun penetration values for these games? I'm always intrigued how each game designer comes up with their data and what they "brew" together to get their numerical values.

Thanks
Usually i use another game to get the cap and from there work on the rest.

For example if i have to get values for modern tanks i'll start with the M1A1 present in A day of heroes, look on internet ( wikipedia and others ) what armor/ weapons it uses and from there you'll continue.

If you know the modern Abrams uses 120mm rounds and have a penetration of let's say 9, then if in the same module there is a tank that uses a 105mm then you'll adjust that. Taking into consideration also the type of rouds usually used, sabot, HE, AP, ecc.

The same goes with the armor and other auxiliary systems.

Hope that helped a bit.