Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Question for in Defeat Defiance owners

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
In the Beneath the Scythe scenario, how many hill hexes are mentioned in the Victory Conditions? Heroes in Defiance mention 5, while there are actually 6 on map 24.

Thanks!

Ralph Ferrari

Staff member
From the Module Specific Rulebook:

Victory Conditions: The Allied player wins if, at the end of the game, he has at least 18 Victory Points (VPs) and more VPs than the German player. VPs are earned as follows:

Allies:

2 VPs each for control of hexes 23E5, 23F4, 23F6, 23G5, 23G7, 23H7.
3 VPs for control of each of the level-one or higher Hill hexes on Board 24 (there are 5).

Germans:

2 VPs for each eliminated British SMC, Squad (Half-squads count as 1⁄2 VP) or vehicle.
3 VPs for each eliminated French tank.

Control of a hex is based on the side that has a Good Order MMC or Hero in the hex or is the last side to have passed a Good Order MMC or Hero through the hex. The Germans control all 11 Victory hexes at the start of the scenario.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Thanks Ralph! Since there is 6 level-one or higher Hill hexes on Board 24 (and not 5 as stated), and thus 12 victory hexes (and not 11 as stated), there is an errata here but what would be the fix? Count all hill hexes? Do not count the level 2 hill hex? Do not count the lonely hjill in 24K5? I think this might be my approach...

Ralph Ferrari

Staff member
If I had to guess, I think 24K5 got missed in the count, and that the VCs are based on the other 5 hill hexes on 24. I’d say play the 5 victory hexes on Board 24 as: 24K1, 24L2, 24M2, 24N2, and 24N3.