Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Recommendations of books & easy/interesting scenarios

PET

Website
www.GamerPET.com
Hello guys!

I am PET and I recnetly found out about the Command Ops game. I do have to say that I am very intrigued.
I have a passion for history and I read articles and a couple of books form WW2... but I want to dive deep.

For example I never read something about WW2 tactics. I want to know some general stuff about what would a Brigader Commander (or whatever the rank of a Command Ops player is) does. What will he look for, what would be some of the logical thinking that he might do.

So what would you recommend to read more on this subject?

Also, besides the tutorial, what would you say would be an interesting to start scenario? I also plan to make some videos about this so fast scenarios might be a good idea.

Thank You Guys! <3
/PET

Hello guys!

I am PET and I recnetly found out about the Command Ops game. I do have to say that I am very intrigued.
I have a passion for history and I read articles and a couple of books form WW2... but I want to dive deep.

For example I never read something about WW2 tactics. I want to know some general stuff about what would a Brigader Commander (or whatever the rank of a Command Ops player is) does. What will he look for, what would be some of the logical thinking that he might do.

So what would you recommend to read more on this subject?

Also, besides the tutorial, what would you say would be an interesting to start scenario? I also plan to make some videos about this so fast scenarios might be a good idea.

Thank You Guys! <3
/PET
Here's a site which has World War II US Army Field Manuals -- the training documents used to train command staff:
https://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USA/ref/FM/

PET

Website
www.GamerPET.com
Here's a site which has World War II US Army Field Manuals -- the training documents used to train command staff:
https://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USA/ref/FM/

Whooow. Those are brutal. Anything in particular I should start with?

I have this book in my wishlist exactly to fit that curiosity:

Closing With the Enemy: How GIs Fought the War in Europe, 1944-1945 (Modern War Studies)
by Michael D. Doubler (Author)

Interesting book. I added it to my wishlist. I see that it's not available for Kindle so I will have to buy a print copy of it :(

Look at FM 7-40, Rifle Regiment.

It is the instruction on how a regiment / brigade command should operate in a combat situation.

Then look at FM 17, Employment of Armored Units The Armored Division to look at how an operational commander at that level should use the units at his disposal.

Interesting book. I added it to my wishlist. I see that it's not available for Kindle so I will have to buy a print copy of it :(

Yes, I have the same problem...being a person who relocates with ease it definitely disturbs me to buy paper books nowadays...

DerGrenadier

I have it on my Kindle. Look at Amazon for
Busting The Bocage: American Combined Arms Operations In France, 6 June-31 July 1944

Its also much, much cheaper.

Last edited:

kipanderson

Hi,

"Closing With the Enemy: How GIs Fought the War in Europe, 1944-1945 (Modern War Studies)
by Michael D. Doubler (Author)"

Great book on tactics. When things went right in WWII.

All the best,
Kip.