Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

SITREP

The Plodder

You could always go with a WW2 theme. Here's a rough quick and dirty version:
qQHto3o.png

simovitch

I'm really impressed with the direction CO2 is going and very happy with the LnL website improvements as well. Can't wait to try out the new features in beta. Good to see Daz and other helping out as well!

papymaj5

Plodder, I really like your black and white version. It looks like a German SS cuffband.

An idea, there are multiple start pages for different powers. Why not have a different patch for each power. A German patch for the German screen, an american style for the american scree, etc. Plodder made a good German one. Daz, that round red and black patch was awesome. Just thinking out loud.

Last edited:

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Plodder, I really like your black and white version. It looks like a German arm band patch.

An idea, there are multiple start pages for different powers. Why not have a different patch for each power. A German patch for the German screen, an american style for the american scree, etc. Plodder made a good German one. Daz, that round red and black patch was awesome. Just thinking out loud.
Great suggestion about having a different version for each of the four startup screens we have - ie German, Brit, American and Soviet.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Some more lateral thinking on the logo its always nice to have options.

The A in Command is made from the A frame antenna mounted on the roof of a British truck in the Desert during the North Africa campaign I think.
Its placed on a tilted back map surrounded by a black shinny background.

View attachment 868
Daz,

Good concept but alas it's not going to work as is because a logo needs to be kept simple. The reason being that it will be scaled to very small sizes for different marketing purposes and it has to be clearly recognisable. The trouble with yours is that when you scale it down that radio antenna frame gets lost and its nigh impossible to discern the radio vehicle for what it really is. It's a pity. Maybe strip away the truck and its background altogether and thicken up the lines on the A frame antenna.

Daz

To be honest I liked Dave's original patch but would look far better with the Plodders lettering on it.

I'm not so keen on the background of the Plodders patch you see, but the lettering looks awesome.
I think its the wide border on it that puts me off, especially the over powering border braid.
In my opinion I think the background of the patch needs to be more subtle so as not to look out of place, like Dave's original did.
The lettering on Dave's original was a bit naff though, and the Plodders looks great.

The last one that looks like an SS armband looks fantastic including the background, and could be used for the Axis selection screen as per Papymaj5 excellent suggestion.

I know there is a lot of water under the bridge, and its just a strategy game, but I think any vets might take offence to seeing it with a background picture showing Allied forces.
I would usually be the last one to say this as I love the challenge of playing Axis forces, and the elite SS Panzer units, but seeing that last pic for some reason didn't seem right.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Hey Richard (aka The Plodder),

I reckon the black and white one would be great for the German start-up screen. Any chance you could work up ones for the Brits, American and Soviet. I was thinking that for the colour schemes we could go as follows:
  • Brit - khaki background, gold lettering and marone edging
  • American - olive green background, white lettering and an edge of silver stars
  • Soviet - Forest Green background, Red lettering with a band of small red stars
Happy to consider alternative suggestions for the colours and edging.

papymaj5

Plodder/Daz, an idea for the american patch. You could use the 82nd Airborne Division patch and change the "AA" to CO with maybe a 2 over it?

82_Airborne_Patch_svg.png

Daz, where did that round red and black patch came from? I really liked that.

Last edited:

The Plodder

Hey Richard (aka The Plodder),

I reckon the black and white one would be great for the German start-up screen. Any chance you could work up ones for the Brits, American and Soviet. I was thinking that for the colour schemes we could go as follows:
  • Brit - khaki background, gold lettering and marone edging
  • American - olive green background, white lettering and an edge of silver stars
  • Soviet - Forest Green background, Red lettering with a band of small red stars
Happy to consider alternative suggestions for the colours and edging.

Okay. Here's the British and Germans as per your schemes. I'm keeping the same lettering and the images are the same size with the logo in the same x-y coordinates
Vxb4931.png

7FBS03c.png

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Richard,

Can you reduce the height of the Brit one to be the same as the German. Now that I think about it they should all have the same dimensions. I prefer the dimensions of the German one. FOr the Brit one could you make the background a tad darker and modify the huie to be a tad browner. Pretty please. Love your work mate.:)

The Plodder

With the yanks, do you want it as the brits but OD and white letters with three stars above or below the text?Or do you just want a line of stars above and below the text?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
OK here's the Scenario Selection screen displaying the default SAM - ie where we don't have a specific situation awareness map for the scenario. This is using an embedded resource bitmap. I now need to get it to use a user specified file.

This image is pretty crude - again relying on my fairly basic artistic skills. I'd be more than happy to substitute something better.

Default SAM.jpg