Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Something that has bugged me for a very long time

Jason Rimmer

That's how vulnerable the smaller support units are. It seems being in a mortar unit was the most dangerous unit to fight in. I'm not sure how much is down to the fact the Tac Ai has trouble setting them up in good positions, away from immediate danger but capable of giving support or it's down to being a small unit in abstract terrain in effect meaning there are no actual good positions for a mortar unit in game as everywhere will be to vulnerable for them. MG and other units like Flak and anti tank guns have similar problems. Plus HQ's can still end up running into the enemy before any other unit. Though no where near as often as it was.

Maybe the support units should actually be incorporated into the companies? Which would certainly help alleviate the issue but then how do you split them up across the coys....

simovitch

Actually the lighter mortars and MG's from the HW Coy's are incorporated into the line company TO&E already. I like to detach any attached heavy mortars and infantry guns with a defend order in some type of cover before the line coy's move forward toward known enemy positions. They can always be re-attached later after the assault to free up some admin load on the boss HQ.