Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Support Weapon Use

Victor Louie

A MMC is stacked with a SW.

Can the MMC use its inherent FP in one impulse. Then, fire its SW in a different impulse?

And, vice versa; can the same MMC fire its SW in an impulse. Then, in a different impulse, fire its SW?

Barthheart

Staff member
Nope. The SW must be used in the same impulse as the inherent FP. If you don't, or can't, used one or the other it's use is lost until next turn.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
No, it cannot fire at a different hex but can fire at a different target in the hex (for example, when legs units are hiding behind a vehicle). From the same last paragraph on page 27:
They still must fire during the same impulse as the unit possessing them and at the same hex

Ah looking at page 27 of v5.1 of the rules ‘at the same hex’ is new to this version (in blue) so I can understand the confusion for ‘older’ players.

I wonder what the reasoning behind the change is, I see it quite plausible Infantry would target some infantry in hex ‘Y’ that is threatening them with small arms and use their bazooka at a tank in hex ‘X’ that is also threatening them. This change may mean either a Squads IF or SW may be unused in a turn because there is no hex they can shoot at with both an (unbuttoned) AFV and Infantry target in it...if you get what I mean.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Usually, if the re is a leg target that can be targeted in one hex, it can also be targeted by the ordnance SW (such as a baxooka) and it it often a great way to deliver a one-two punch; Shake them with your small arms and inflict casualties with your SW

“Usually, if the re is a leg target that can be targeted in one hex, it can also be targeted by the ordnance SW (such as a baxooka) and it it often a great way to deliver a one-two punch; Shake them with your small arms and inflict casualties with your SW”

...and the tank in hex adjacent to the leg target overruns you next turn because you fired your bazooka at Infantry...

Won’t argue the point but we’ll house rule as per version 4.1 of the rules unless we get a ‘sound’ reason for the change ...

Bartheart I was specifically referring to you as old hahahahaha...