Support

Discussion in 'CO2 - Game Support' started by TMO, Apr 10, 2018.

1. TMO

TMO Member

Can I in the estab editor assign fuel transport to specific units or can I assign both to a specific unit.

Regards

Tim

2. jimcarravallah

There's a "bulk fuel capacity" designation under the "performance" tab for vehicles capable of carrying fuel external to their normal fuel tanks.

Allocating vehicles with a bulk fuel capacity to a unit would allow that unit to carry more fuel than it normally requires to operate the various vehicles on their own resources.

I don't know, however, whether the game engine takes into account the bulk fuel available in a particular unit when calculating how much distance that unit can traverse or how many hours it can operate without a fuel resupply from a base unit.

In logistics there is a task called "cross leveling" which allows units with excess supply commodities (fuel, basics, or ammunition in game terms) to share the excess supplies before requiring replenishment from a remote store area (base in game terms).

Whether that kind of "cross leveling" takes place internal to a unit (from vehicle to vehicle) or, particularly from one unit to another friendly unit, is a question for the developers.

3. TMO

TMO Member

Sorry, wasn't being specific enough - if you look at a vehicle in the estab editor you have 'bulk fuel capacity' and 'payload capacity'. Can I have a vehicle carrying both bulk fuel and a payload or does it have to be one or the other?

Regards

Tim

4. jimcarravallah

It looks like you can assign both to the same vehicle.