Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Sw ordinance firing

Not clear on the procedure for firing a SW ordinance weapon and a squad. Can the squad issue it’s IFP in a separate attack or does the squad forfeit their IFP?

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
You have to fire both the squad IFP and the Ordnance SW in the same impulse but not necesseraly at the same target. If you do, make two separate attacks

Anton

You have to fire both the squad IFP and the Ordnance SW in the same impulse but not necesseraly at the same target. If you do, make two separate attacks
Stéphane, does it mean that during one impulse MMC with ordnance SW can fire, first, with inherit FP to hex X and then, second, fire separately with ordnance to another hex Y? Or you can switch targets but cannot switch hexes?

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
From the rules, under 4.0:
SWs with to-hit tables on the back of their counters (such as Bazookas, ATRs, etc., must either fire separately (i.e., not adding their Firepower in with any other units targeting the same hex, but rather by making an entirely separate roll) or fire at another target altogether. They still must fire during the same impulse as the unit possessing them.

I have always interpreted that as being able to fire at a different hex, not only a different target in the same hex but I can see how I might have misinterpreted that.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Page 27 of the Core rules 5.0 confirms that I was wrong two years ago ;-):

SWs with to-hit tables on the back of their counters (such as Bazookas, ATRs, etc., must either fire separately (i.e., not adding in their Firepower with any other units targeting the same hex, but rather by making an entirely separate roll) or fire at another target altogether. They
still must fire during the same impulse as the unit possessing them x.and at the same hex. Support Weapons cannot activate separately