Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

TIS for M3 and M60A3

Double Deuce

Was looking over the charts and noticed that neither the M3 or M60A3 are listed under the TIS section.

I realize that the M2 and M3 are basically the same vehicle so I assume it's just implied that the M2 reference covers both?

For the M60A3 was a none TTS version but I believe they were very rare. I'm guess designers would just Special Scenario Rule them to have the TIS capability?

Thommygunner

I am late to the party as I am new to the game. The M60A3 did indeed have a TIS as standard issue. The A3 was an M60A1 upgraded with electronic fire control and laser range finder with a TIS, vs a mechanical fire control, stereoscope range finder and IR imaging.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
They are not listed either under the 10.1.1 in the module rules nor under 10.1.2 in the core rules

Thommygunner

Thanks for the reply, Stéphane,

I am saying that the M60A3 should be listed in 10.1.1 of the HATRS module rules. In fact, I would say that with the electronic fire control computer, wind sensor and gun barrel thermal sleeve, it should also have the M1's range and to hit fire table on the back side of the counter. The cannon is the same as the M1's and the electronic fire control is better than the analog fire control equipment on the M60A1.

On the subject of comparing to the M1, I am not sure why the M1 has one greater penetration than it's other American breathren since they they are all using the same cannon and ammunition.

I don't know about the M3, but I agree Double Deuce's assessment that it is basically the same vehicle as the M2, so I imagine that it also has a TIS.

Thanks,

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Oh I have no opinion about that, I know zilch of the various material in real life :) I was merely pointing that the charts are not the only place where they are not listed

Thommygunner

Actually, I found that is just a misprint on the vehicle quick reference card. The counters of the M60A3 have the same Penetration as the M1, and are more accurate at range than the M60A1 and M48A5. I'm happy. I will just make my own house rule that the A3's have a TIS. ( I fixed them for M60A3's for two years, and at the time, the M1 was not out yet.) :)