Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Top down v. Silhouette

GamingOpossum

Every time that I play Tank on Tank, I wonder about the design choice to depict silhouettes of the tanks instead of a top down view. Given that the counter is supposed to represent a single vehicle and that facing matters, a top down view seems to make more sense but maybe there is something that I'm missing. This might have been a change that could have been made in the second edition. Either way, it's still a great introductory wargame that I can play with my young son.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi,

I, in fact, agree with you. I would have made them top down. The counters were designed before I became owner the company. So we upgraded the maps and went with the counters that were designed. I don't think it takes away from the game. If we ever print a deluxe edition then maybe we will change that.

David

GamingOpossum

Thanks for the reply. I am definitely planning on picking up LnLT Heroes of Normandy (HoN) if/when you reprint it. May I'll try to use the HoN top down AFV counters with Tank on Tank.

Maybe there is also an opportunity to sell new digital counter art with ToT Digital.