Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

WBC Convention Report

Tony Costa

A Wing and a Prayer got a huge positive reaction from basically everyone we ran a demonstration game for at the WBC Convention this past week.

Most of the demonstration missions were done in less than an hour, from the time the player sat down at our table to the time their bomber formation landed back in England.
Even the demonstrations in which we went through every step in the mission turn sequence, resolved every combat and conducted every die roll for that mission we still completed the mission in about one hour, and that is to include talking about the game and explaining the when/why/how of certain game concepts.

Personally I had a great time demonstrating the game and getting to meet everyone that was excited to play.
I especially want to mention and thank all those from the B-17 QoTS tournament that took the time to sit down to play the game and talk about the bomber campaign in general.
They offered some really good feedback which I truly appreciate and will hopefully include in any bonus content we can post online.

So hopefully everyone receives their copy of A Wing and a Prayer soon and the game gives you countless hours of fun and enjoyment.
-Tony, Developer

Strut6569

Tony,

Thanks for showing me the game at WBC. I got my copy at the WBC and am in the process of learning to play. I am really excited that B-24s are included as my father was a B-24 Bombardier instructor in WW2.

Question on mission cards: The 1942 and 1943 undamaged (blue) cards have VPs in the 14/7 format, but the 1944 blue cards only have a single value, in black. (See the Bremen cards) I see that the Major Target Mission cards have the same format, but no red card. Can you clarify this for me?

I was also very relieved to see that there was no RED die in the box!:happy:

***John***

Tony Costa

Hi John,
Treat the 1944 cards like a normal Mission Card:
If the target is damaged take half the printed VP's (rounded up), remove the blue Undamaged card from the Mission Deck and replace it with the red Damaged card.