Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

What does the "*" mean for the OF target number for ATGMs?

Ty Snouffer

What does the "*" mean for the OF target number for ATGMs? It doesn't seem to be in the module rules. Many of the ATGMs have an asterisk for short range for the target number.

image.png

A lot going on for this counter. "SR?" Another 6 Morale on the back, why?

Last edited:

Ty Snouffer

Starting to think it must be that short range is too short and no possible. But then why would there be a penetration value then?

Barthheart

Staff member
The star does mean that you can't fire at that short range. The penetration value is a mistake and should also be a star.

Ty Snouffer

Thanks. More mistakes . . . bleh.

What about the "SR" and the 6 in the blue circle on the back? Any ideas on those?

Ty Snouffer

Thanks.

Is the 6 on the back used differently than the one on the front? In other words will I ever come across these morale values on the front and back where they are different? If so, why would they be different.

And if not, seems strange to me that they would repeat the morale when all WTs are SR anyway. Why call it out?

Information overload!

Barthheart

Staff member
Again printing errors... just too much info on the playtest counters that didn't get removed for the production counters. These go back to the original printing....

Ty Snouffer

Again printing errors... just too much info on the playtest counters that didn't get removed for the production counters. These go back to the original printing....

That is really, really, really disheartening. I'm enjoying the system very much, but jeez, what a missed opportunity to get it right.

My buddy and I spent 5-10 mins last night trying to figure this out. We surmised that it meant the ATGMs couldn't fire at closest ranges just based on how we thought the weapon systems worked. Then we would ask ourselves "but why would it have a penetration value?" Back and forth back and forth . . .

The counters should have been fixed and the details in the ATGMs rules in the module books.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
There are units where the front and back morale value are different. It might not be the case for WT though.

Ty Snouffer

There are units where the front and back morale value are different. It might not be the case for WT though.

Ok, so then why would one unit have two Morale values? What would it need different values for?

(Seriously, thanks for answering my questions.)

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Well, because they break more easily under fire but then rally better (like the Americans in ASL IIRC). Or once they break, they are not easy to rally (like some units in Noville)

Kevin Sharp

Ah, ok. That is some detail. Thanks again.
If you look, some have worse morale on back others better. Its a nice feature to imply resilience of forces. "Tough get going etc".
With the 100's of counters and all the niggly special rules that seem to creep into each module over time, I imagine it is hard to keep the consistency across the counter mix even just for WWII. I'm happy just to apply some common sense as you did. For a premium priced product I hope V3 is cleaned up a bit tho.

Ty Snouffer

If you look, some have worse morale on back others better. Its a nice feature to imply resilience of forces. "Tough get going etc".
With the 100's of counters and all the niggly special rules that seem to creep into each module over time, I imagine it is hard to keep the consistency across the counter mix even just for WWII. I'm happy just to apply some common sense as you did. For a premium priced product I hope V3 is cleaned up a bit tho.

Yeah, I hear ya. I bet it is hard to keep all that straight (although they should try). What I don't get is the, apparently, known counter errors that weren't fixed and the introduction of new issues like missing parts of scenarios. smh.