Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

What's Coming In Heroes of North Africa

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
What's Coming In Heroes of North Africa

We have had a few name changes along the way, Mare Nostrum and then Heroes of the Mediterranean. God willing we hope to be sticking with Heroes of North Africa. We have done away with all the overlays so we have expanded the game to 14 Maps. The retail price will be $94.99 and the pre-order price is $84.99 and will also include 14 X-Maps as well. So here is everything you will be getting in Heroes of North Africa.

The Italians are making their first appearance in the Lock ‘n Load Tactical system. Heroes of North Africa is the first complete Lock ‘n Load Tactical game to feature the desert battles of World War II.

Designed by Lock ‘n Load veteran Ralph Ferrari, the module includes tanks, guns and infantry from the Italian, German, French, British and American armies. Fight with Matildas, M13/40s, Grant and R35 tanks. Command Alpini and Bersaglieri troops, along with the Breda 30 and Solothurn AT-Rifle.

The module-specific rules include Hit and Run movement, which allows a unit to fire at any time during its movement, Opportunity Movement, which allows eligble units to move at any time that they could normally Opportunity Fire, rules for desert terrain (Hammanda, Scrub, Gum Trees, and Sand) and rules for mounted units.

Components:

15 x Full Color Maps
15 x Full Color X-Map included with Pre-Orders. X-Maps can be purchased separately after pre-order period.
6 x Counter of over 670+ counters
1 x Full color core system manual featuring the latest v4.1 rules and Examples of Play
1 x Full Color Game module manual and Scenario booklet with 28 action packed scenarios
1 x 11 x 17 Player Aid Card
4 x 8 x 11 Player Aid Cards
1 x Heavy Duty box
2 x D6 Dice

Heroes of North Africa.jpg LnL-MN-Board36-4cSample.jpeg LnL-MN-Board37-4cSample1.jpeg british squad 1745.jpg folgore squad 2346.jpg german squad.jpg hurricane.jpg italian 1st line squad .jpg italian chaplain.jpg ju-87.jpg

Thanks for the update Dave!

'Heroes of North Africa' hmm I like the inclusion of 'Heroes' but 'North Africa' doesn't sound very exciting...

How about:

Heroes of the Sahara
Heroes of the Sands
Midnight at the Oasis (might make a good song title )

Cheers
Pete

Stefano G.

Thank you a lot :)
just a question looking at Hurri MkIID tank-buster: i know that "2x" beside red number means that its Mg/Cannons can fire two hexes ahead...but what about "2x" beside HE value?...does it mean that Bombs can be dropped two hexes ahead filght path (as Mg/cannos) or that two Bombs attack can be performed against targets on the same airplane occupied hex?

Mike Nagel

With all those maps, I'm hoping that there are still a large batch of empty desert maps (no hills) for some wide open firefights. I've got a ton of old Advanced Tobruk scenarios that I'm hoping I can play with HotNA components. Can you make the overlays downloadable?

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
With all those maps, I'm hoping that there are still a large batch of empty desert maps (no hills) for some wide open firefights. I've got a ton of old Advanced Tobruk scenarios that I'm hoping I can play with HotNA components. Can you make the overlays downloadable?

Hi Mike

Yes if I am not mistaken there is a desert map only..... no other real terrain.

David

Mark Brownell

I hope Heroes of North Africa, (Mare Nostrum) will be out well before Christmas this year. Not real happy about the big increase in the pre-order price however. Three years ago, I believe I pre-ordered Mare Nostrum for $59.95. You said this game would follow soon after Heroes of the Pacific. I expect that to be still true.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
I hope Heroes of North Africa, (Mare Nostrum) will be out well before Christmas this year. Not real happy about the big increase in the pre-order price however. Three years ago, I believe I pre-ordered Mare Nostrum for $59.95. You said this game would follow soon after Heroes of the Pacific. I expect that to be still true.

Mark, Jeff Lewis is working on it and as soon as it is ready we will move on it. Three years ago the products were being made in China and not anything like what we are doing now. The game now is also coming with 14+ maps and included 14 X-maps as well. Now if you already pre-ordered you will not pay anything more.

David

Great to hear the original US$59.99 price (plus shipping) will be honoured for us that supported the product all those years ago...I am looking forward to getting my hands on this game...

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
To be more precise (at least in my case), I preordered at 59,99$ but was not charged (we were to be charged later, when the product was about to be completed). Will I have to preorder again or will you use my previous preorder (October 26th, 2012)?

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
We are going to be sending out emails to every customer that pre-order be it on the original Lock 'n Load store or the version before this current one. You will be giving a code to use to place your order. This will then put you in the new store at the best price with the latest edition of the product. The current store allows all customers to be able to review/check their pre-orders when they want.

David

We are going to be sending out emails to every customer that pre-order be it on the original Lock 'n Load store or the version before this current one. You will be giving a code to use to place your order. This will then put you in the new store at the best price with the latest edition of the product. The current store allows all customers to be able to review/check their pre-orders when they want.

David

Hi there,

Thanks for the updates and a preview of the changes -- this sounds like an excitiing title.

Please clarify something with respect to this remark and my situation: I have a Mare Nostrum pre-order from a few years ago that does _not_ appear to be pre-paid. If this is the case, should I look for an email, as described with a coupon code or the like to purchase the new title at (a) the original, pre-order price ($59.xx), (b) updated price ($84.xx), or (c) assume I'm not in the pre-order group and should order normally?

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi there,

Thanks for the updates and a preview of the changes -- this sounds like an excitiing title.

Please clarify something with respect to this remark and my situation: I have a Mare Nostrum pre-order from a few years ago that does _not_ appear to be pre-paid. If this is the case, should I look for an email, as described with a coupon code or the like to purchase the new title at (a) the original, pre-order price ($59.xx), (b) updated price ($84.xx), or (c) assume I'm not in the pre-order group and should order normally?
Option A.