Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

What's Coming in the World At War 85 Series

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
The World At War Series is getting a reboot. We have re-named the World At War series to World At War 85. We now have two great designers/developers working on the series in Matt Lohse and Keith Tracton. We will be providing a new historical outline with a lot of new exciting things to come.
We will be printing new updated and is some cases expanded editions of our World At War 85 series games. We will not be following the old series history or horror theme. Our new edition will be a military theme only. So here is what games are coming and at you can expect to find in them.

Storming the Gap - This game will include the older editions of Eisenbach Gap, Death of the First Panzer Army and the Gamers Guide. This game will include 14 scenarios, three double-sided full-color maps and about 260+ counters.

Blood and Fury - This game will include the older edition of Blood and Bridges, Battles within Battles, Operation Garbo, Baltic Fury and Yankee scenario from Eisenbach Gap. This game will include 37 scenarios, four double-sided maps and about 675+ counters.

The Untold Battles - This game will include the older edition of The Untold Stories, Paris is Burning and Into the Breach with the Black Day Campaign. This game will include 32 scenarios, four double-sided maps and about 875+ counters.

America Breached - This game will include the older edition of America Conquered and the Texan War of Independence. We do not have a map, scenario and counters count yet.

Strike Force Africa - This game will include South African, Cuban, Angolan units and scenarios from Line of Fire expansion. We will be expanding this by some limited NATO and Warsaw Pact forces. We do not have a map, scenario and counters count yet.

As we move forward in the series we will be adding historical maps and historical units to the series. We hope you excited about the new direction for the series and we love to hear what you thinking.

World at War Box01  Storm the Gap Cover.jpeg World at War Box02 Blood and Fury Cover.jpeg World at War Box03 The untold Battles Cover.jpg World at War Box04 America Breached Cover.jpeg World at War Box05 Strike Force Africa Cover.jpeg

Attachments

• World at War 85.jpg
    World at War 85.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 129

TXBlackRifle

I'm very excited by this news. I can't wait to see all these titles back in print.

Do you know at this time if preorders for The Untold Stories will be converted to preorders for The Untold Battles when those preorders go live?

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
I'm very excited by this news. I can't wait to see all these titles back in print.

Do you know at this time if preorders for The Untold Stories will be converted to preorders for The Untold Battles when those preorders go live?

We have not made that decision but most likely yes.

David

BlueOnBlue

So what sort of schedule/time frame are you envisioning? I've been hoping for a BnB reprint, so I'm looking forward to Blood and Fury, it sounds like a lot of good stuff all in one box.

Bill K

This is excellent news! Along with the change to a more historical precedent, will real world geography i.e. Fulda Gap, be used?

Keith Tracton

Staff member
This is excellent news! Along with the change to a more historical precedent, will real world geography i.e. Fulda Gap, be used?
Hi Bill, its a still early in the scenario text rewrite process, but in my pre-write research, I am starting with an actual map of the Germanies west to the French border and the Low Countries, very helpful for me, and for our goal of making the scenario descriptions/settings geographically appropriate. I cannot commit to the Fulda Gap itself as yet as a scenario location. But I can say I myself would prefer to have it referenced. It will take some more research on my end before I can make that call.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

Matt Lohse

As I am double checking counters before printing, are there any unit value error people can remember for me to check (ie the Leo 1s in Dot1P with the 3-5 armor where everywhere else in the series they have 3-6, making sure we have the correct version of all the Garbo counters). Let me know anything you can think of as it is better to double or triple check now rather than repeat an error.

Hello guys,

I do have a few ideas for the French counters, having translated the module for MHW, and looked deeper into it for Honneur & Patrie. For instance, the Legion infantry regiment should all be in VABs, and the mech infantry regiment only in AMX-10 P, the AMX 10 RC should have better stats than the ERC 90 (and the armored cars should all be of one type) - and, barring SR's, all of the French armored cars should fire HEAT at this stage, the Super Etendard counter should be a Jaguar (Etendards are strictly naval aircraft...)... I also have a few ideas regarding the overall story (as in, what could have caused the Soviets to act ...... Happy to help!

Best,

Nicolas

Leeboy24

Sounds great guys!!! Definitely will be purchasing the reboot. Already own the older versions but in my support for what you guys do, I'll buy all the new edition games. Also glad to hear maps based on real world locations and strictly military theme. Keep up the good work!!!

Major Kessler

We have not made that decision but most likely yes.

David

I imagine that Storming the Gap will be the initial release (?) - in which case will you convert pre-orders for Untold Stories to that - or would it be better to just cancel my pre-order now?

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Are the counters going to be any bigger (e.g., the size of White Star Rising)?

Kent - I needed to change my post here to state - We had to make the counters bigger the font was just too small to be readable. This will cause the maps and the counters to be larger and will NOT work with the older editions. I did not decide to do this lightly, but the final decision was mine.

This is an older comment that I had to change. Sorry no, this would make all the games from the first edition unusable. We are going to add player-aid cards that will make it easier to read the numbers and play the game.

David

junior

I imagine that Storming the Gap will be the initial release (?) - in which case will you convert pre-orders for Untold Stories to that - or would it be better to just cancel my pre-order now?

I'd wait until you get a confirmation on that. Untold Stories was supposed to be fairly close to republication, so they might have done enough prep work to make it a better "first release" option.

Karazjo

This is great news! I have been waiting for a reprint and update for a while so that I can get into the game with streamlined rules. I also find the original artwork very bland. Red Hammer has a more contemporary look to it. Love those game's maps and unit counters and loved the preview for WaW85 maps.

Will there be any graphic update on the counters?

spqr202

Since Storming the Gap includes "older editions of Eisenbach Gap", is there any advantage to trying to hunt down a deluxe copy of Eisenbach Gap now? Or will the entire thing basically be included in Storming the Gap?

Will Storming the Gap be the entry product, or Untold Battles?