Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

What's Coming in the World At War 85 Series

Keith Tracton

Staff member
VASSAL test game tonight of the "Death of the 5th Panzer" scenario from Storming the Gap. Still balancing this one, the West Germans with the new values do not need the Jaguar-2 section. The Leopard-2s and their 120mm Rheinmetal cannon are DEADLY in a knife fight if they live. Also the Soviet AP FP dice range is not as printed on the counter, it is shorter, so I played it that way. Official counter and map art, markers are placeholders, marker art is in development as I type this.S01 Overall OOB.png S01 T2 start.png S01 T3 start.png S01 T4 start, add BO-105s.png S01 T5 start.png S01 T6 start.png S01 T6 thats a wrap.png

Starman

David, do you still plan to have a value all in option.

Can we have a high list of changes from original edition, will there be an update kit?

Starman

Thanks David, there was a post in the thread which seemed to contradict this but that was some time ago, I wondered if you had changed your mind.

As the owner of the entire line of first edition, I was overjoyed to hear that you will be offering a bundle deal, since based on what I am reading, I *really* want this edition. Just wanted to throw out my appreciation from those of us that have the earlier stuff, but really want to enjoy your upgrades!

Keith Tracton

Staff member
As the owner of the entire line of first edition, I was overjoyed to hear that you will be offering a bundle deal, since based on what I am reading, I *really* want this edition. Just wanted to throw out my appreciation from those of us that have the earlier stuff, but really want to enjoy your upgrades!

Thanks, George, your support is greatly appreciated!

The World At War Series is getting a reboot. . . .
As we move forward in the series we will be adding historical maps and historical units to the series.

This alone will make me likely repurchase all the games in the series!

The only thing that gave me pause in the originals was the generic maps with the sometimes silly make-believe names of the towns. It will be so much more immersive to track the Soviets in their attempt to make it to the Rhine and beyond!

Last edited:
This alone will make me likely repurchase all the games in the series!

The only thing that gave me pause in the originals was the generic maps with the sometimes silly make-believe names of the towns. It will be so much more immersive to track the Soviets in their attempt to make it to the Rhine and beyond!

I cannot overstate how happy I am to see the Fulda map making it in the Kickstarter. One question - a while back the designer was soliciting names for use in the modules - will these be making their appearance? Oberst Schneider of the NVA is anxious to pass on his orders....

Last edited:

Keith Tracton

Staff member
I cannot overstate how happy I am to see the Fulda map making it in the Kickstarter. One question - a while back the designer was soliciting names for use in the modules - will these be making their appearance? Oberst Schneider of the NVA is anxious to pass on his orders....

That would be my solicitation. :)

Yes indeed:

upload_2019-2-16_22-27-56.png