Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Winning Iraklion Historical Campaign as Axis

Michel Ouimet

Did someone find how to win this scenario as Axis with the default reinforcement settings?

Last edited:

john connor

From the lack of replies, I would guess the answer is 'no', Michel. :singing:

I haven't actually played this scenario. Can you recommend it?

Peter

Michel Ouimet

I recommend it, like any other CO2 scenarios, because they are all interesting to play. But this one is the hardest I tried, probably impossible to win with default reinforcement settings.

I'll try it again though. :)

john connor

It's a tough start anyway. Almost an hour into it and not many FJ down, those that are on the ground are scattered and exposed. Getting shot up and retreating rapidly. No room for plans yet. It's all emergency reactions handled by my staff, those that are down there. So, even if I had plans, the AI is really running it at the moment.....

So I see what you mean.

Given the airfield garners 80 points, when I do have feet on the ground I will concentrate entirely on that, I think.

The quality of the FJ leaders and men isn't exactly the top-notch stuff I was expecting either. Some aggressive units, but short on experience.

James Ling

I too have tried it on historical settings and was totally defeated. My only tip is - if you can somehow do this: take the airfield asap before your Base unit is dropped there at midnight right into the middle of the enemy's defence!

Hugo

I gave it a quick try yesterday, and without "cheating" (for instance by studying the exact Allies force composition, and there initial settings beforehand, or even better their objectives and their supply route), I don't see how a win is possible on a first playthrough with standard reinforcement. I'm not sure the airfield is achievable at all, there are too many defensive positions around you need to clean. The few tanks are a pain to deal with, and even the many airstrikes does not balance this out.

If I had to replay (and thus with improved knowledge over a first play), I would
go all in for the Iraklion city and from then attempt to contest Khrisoply. This way I should also be able to disrupt or even deny the evacuation of the Allies units to the south-west exit. The problem will be the supply route that is hard to keep open with this plan.

Last edited: