Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Winter/Summer Style Maps

John Pender

Instead of adding a "winter" version on the flip side of the new maps how about adding new map content or even better adjusting the current boards to meet the Special Scenario Rules.
WSR Scen 3: Rivers on board B do not exist. Advanced Scen 2: Hills and Rivers on board A do not exist.

To me that would be an improvement over the somewhat gimmicky frosted flip sides.

Take care,
John

Sean Druelinger

Staff member
Thank you for your reply. The decision to have the back sides of the maps "winterized" was to make use of the side of the maps that would ordinarily be blank. There are some future plans to have winter scenarios and the winter sides of the boards will be used for them. I see your point about matching the boards for the older scenarios and it is a good point. LNL has the ability to produce their maps on site now and it will be easier to print out new maps and put out new content once the base games have been completed.

thank you in advance
Sean Druelinger

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi John

Just to give you an example we took all the overlays from White Star Rising: Airborne and made the maps with the overlays built into them. So if you purchased the second edition of Airborne you also get three new maps (Overlays included) both summer and winter. I didn't want to included totally new material incase there was ever a time games wanted to use them together. I do not see anyone using a summer map with a winter map.

We have also started making maps with special rules so you do not have that. We made and included an extra map in Heroes of the Pacific just because of this. We will be doing more of this going forward. We are not trying to be gimmicky but use the maps to the fullest. Please keep the ideas coming.

Here is the link to our media section showing some of the new maps - http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/media/categories/nations-at-war.24/

We also have sample resources of the WSR Airborne and Operation Cobra - http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/

David

John Pender

Sean and David,

Thank you for your replies, that's great news about incorporating the overlays into the new boards. Looking forward to seeing some ST counters soon!

Take care,
John