Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Game doesn´t start...

pekische

I have CO2, ver. 5.1.22 + win 10. I want to start game but I get only meesage in OS, that CmdOps.exe can´t find mfc100.dll. I tried reinstll the game but it did not help. How to fix it?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
First off, we do not warrant that CO2 will run under Win 10. It should but as we have not yet gone to Win 10 ourselves we cannot test it. We won't be going to Win 10 until we have finished converting our development environment and that may be some time off yet. But the good news is that you should be able to address the error your getting. The mfc100.dll is a code library from Microsoft. It manages their Microsoft Foundation Classes that we use in our game. Please check your CO2 game directory and locate the VS 2010 vcredist_86.exe if you have a 32 bit OS or the VS 2010 vcredist_64.exe if you have a 64 bit OS. (I'm not sure whether Win10 has a 32 bit version but you will need to check that yourself as I don't have a Win10 machine. Then all you need do is double click that exe file and it will install the required dlls. Then run CO2. Please get back to me and let me know how you got on.

Daz

I'm running windows 10 now on a 64 bit OS.
I'm not having any problems with the game on it at the moment.
I know knowing that has not helped you out much, but at least you know its possible.
I think I used the windows 7 compatibility mode and the graphics displays fine so long as I let the game use the auto resolution. If I choose a resolution myself from the list the display gets all messed up. It chooses my monitor resolution 1920 x 1080 anyway so all is good.

pekische

Mates, thx for your help.
Dave, I am at work now. I will try to fix it how you advise tonight. Then I will give you report ;)