Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

What's Coming In Heroes of North Africa

Thanks David.

Can you please let me know the thickness of the new card stock maps. Is there a noticable difference between these and the earlier boards? Will they work well together?

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hey Guys

I just wanted you to know if you had already pre-ordered Mare Nostrum or Heroes of the Mediterranean or finally Heroes of North Africa. You should have gotten an emailing asking you to register an account in our store and forums. If you already have registered accounts you do not need to make new ones. This will allow us to give you a Special Order Discount to purchase the game at the price you had ordered it before.

If you have any issues please open a support ticket.

David

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Guys,

Lock 'n Load Publishing will not be making any mounted map boards. We are using a very heavy card stock and any of the unboxing video I feel will show that, they are NOT paper maps. You can find the videos in our media section here on the forums.

David

pauljericho

What's Coming In Heroes of North Africa

We have had a few name changes along the way, Mare Nostrum and then Heroes of the Mediterranean. God willing we hope to be sticking with Heroes of North Africa. We have done away with all the overlays so we have expanded the game to 14 Maps. The retail price will be $94.99 and the pre-order price is $84.99 and will also include 14 X-Maps as well. So here is everything you will be getting in Heroes of North Africa.

The Italians are making their first appearance in the Lock ‘n Load Tactical system. Heroes of North Africa is the first complete Lock ‘n Load Tactical game to feature the desert battles of World War II.

Designed by Lock ‘n Load veteran Ralph Ferrari, the module includes tanks, guns and infantry from the Italian, German, French, British and American armies. Fight with Matildas, M13/40s, Grant and R35 tanks. Command Alpini and Bersaglieri troops, along with the Breda 30 and Solothurn AT-Rifle.

The module-specific rules include Hit and Run movement, which allows a unit to fire at any time during its movement, Opportunity Movement, which allows eligble units to move at any time that they could normally Opportunity Fire, rules for desert terrain (Hammanda, Scrub, Gum Trees, and Sand) and rules for mounted units.

Components:

15 x Full Color Maps
15 x Full Color X-Map included with Pre-Orders. X-Maps can be purchased separately after pre-order period.
6 x Counter of over 670+ counters
1 x Full color core system manual featuring the latest v4.1 rules and Examples of Play
1 x Full Color Game module manual and Scenario booklet with 28 action packed scenarios
1 x 11 x 17 Player Aid Card
4 x 8 x 11 Player Aid Cards
1 x Heavy Duty box
2 x D6 Dice

View attachment 2634 View attachment 2635 View attachment 2636 View attachment 2637 View attachment 2638 View attachment 2639 View attachment 2640 View attachment 2641 View attachment 2642 View attachment 2643

Really looking forwards to receiving this game - been an age! Many thanks!

pauljericho

Hi Guys,

Lock 'n Load Publishing will not be making any mounted map boards. We are using a very heavy card stock and any of the unboxing video I feel will show that, they are NOT paper maps. You can find the videos in our media section here on the forums.

David

have recieved heroes of the pacific with the above mentioned maps- no problems at all- lovely set! Thanks!

The Plodder

I see one of the maps has an airfield on it that cries out for a raid by the LRDG/SAS. Are there any scenarios with them in it?

Jeff Lewis

I see one of the maps has an airfield on it that cries out for a raid by the LRDG/SAS. Are there any scenarios with them in it?
Sorry to sat that the inclusion of Map 42 in that image is a faux pas. Map 42 is going to be in Day of Heroes for a scenario in that game. I do have an LRDG-type Battle Pack on my mind, though, in which case Map 42 would most likely play a part.

Jeff Lewis

Thanks David.

Can you please let me know the thickness of the new card stock maps. Is there a noticable difference between these and the earlier boards? Will they work well together?
I think they work well together. I can't answer for the extremely discerning tastes of many gamers though.

The Plodder

Sorry to sat that the inclusion of Map 42 in that image is a faux pas. Map 42 is going to be in Day of Heroes for a scenario in that game. I do have an LRDG-type Battle Pack on my mind, though, in which case Map 42 would most likely play a part.

Ok, bummer.The battle pack sounds pretty cool. Do you have a final list of what maps/scenarios are in the game yet?

Boo for including an image thats not in the game, within the components!

To be fair, there is a disclaimer at the bottom of the game description.

Jeff Lewis

Ok, bummer.The battle pack sounds pretty cool. Do you have a final list of what maps/scenarios are in the game yet?

There's going to be 14 or 15 Maps. Originally there was going to be 5 Maps and a bunch of overlays. We are doing away with overlays and just making additional Maps with the overlays as a part of the Map. Sand, scrub, wadis, different levels of Hills. Mostly bleak terrain.

There are 18 scenarios. A few early East Africa scenarios and the rest all North Africa up to and including second El Alamein and a couple early US Torch scenarios.