Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Where is my task dialogue box?

I am used to the COS 1 where the task dialogue box is right there for the taking. Now if I order a unit to move, I cannot assign a formation. looked everywhere for that formation tool, cannot locate it. F keys cause window functions. I hope this is compat w Windows 10, or I just wasted $100

edit: I right clicked a task and the formation tools came up. Is that how they come up in this series, by way of a right click? Why do the function keys cause windows events and not game orders? IE, F1 makes my screen brightness change, not task menu.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Right click the order icon and select Edit Task from the context menu or use the 1TE button at the bottom of the screen to toggle it on or off.

I really do recommend you spend five minutes to read the Manage Dialogs section of the CO2 Game Manual, which you should find inside your Documentation subdirectory of the Cmd Ops 2 game directory.

Thanks, is there a way to change the formation on the last waypoint? For example, move in column and at last waypoint change formation to line? thanks!

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Short answer is no. The formation setting applies to the order for all waypoints. However, if you order a Defend, it will apply to the actual defend portion. If the force is not at the objective it will move there and use whatever formation type the AI selects - ie you do not have control of that portion. If you want control you will have to issue a Move order and then when the unit arrives issue a separate Defend order.

Rob

Short answer is no. The formation setting applies to the order for all waypoints. However, if you order a Defend, it will apply to the actual defend portion. If the force is not at the objective it will move there and use whatever formation type the AI selects - ie you do not have control of that portion. If you want control you will have to issue a Move order and then when the unit arrives issue a separate Defend order.

Hi all,

Will sequential tasking allow for player controlled formation etc. changes at waypoints?? Sure hope so.......:wideyed:

Rob.