Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Modern Era 1960-Present Demo Order of Battle counter question

ALFRED CRUZ

New to Lock n Load board game series.
I have played PC "Lock N Load Stalingrad" which attracted my attention to this board game series.

Hence, I ordered the Free Print Modern Era 1960 - Present Demo.

Upon arrival I noticed that the beautiful (1) inch counters were already separated from the counter sheet and placed in a plastic bag.
That same day when I went to set up "A Friend in Need" scenario I noticed that the
scenario Order of Battle for the US side required (6) x (2-6-4) multi man counters. I was only sent (5) mmc.

I also observed that your PDF downloaded counter sheet has only (5) x (2-6-4) US multi man counters listed.

Is the qty error on the Order of Battle or the PDF counter sheet?

Thank You,

Alfred

Last edited:

Soap Monkey

Same is true for me. I only received 5 x 2-6-4. It seems like the amount in the order of battle should be five.

On a somewhat related note, I'm wondering if anybody can tell me what the differences between the modern era and WWII versions of the tactical systems are. It looks to me like (for the purposes of the demo games) the rules are identical. Is that true?

Barthheart

Staff member
Mostly. There are some weapon systems in the modern system that aren't in the WWII system.... helicopters springs to mind as the most obvious.

You can play the WWII game with the modern rules and play the modern games with the WWII rules as long as there aren't any fancy new equipment that appeared after 1960.

New to Lock n Load board game series.
I have played PC "Lock N Load Stalingrad" which attracted my attention to this board game series.

Hence, I ordered the Free Print Modern Era 1960 - Present Demo.

Upon arrival I noticed that the beautiful (1) inch counters were already separated from the counter sheet and placed in a plastic bag.
That same day when I went to set up "A Friend in Need" scenario I noticed that the
scenario Order of Battle for the US side required (6) x (2-6-4) multi man counters. I was only sent (5) mmc.

I also observed that your PDF downloaded counter sheet has only (5) x (2-6-4) US multi man counters listed.

Is the qty error on the Order of Battle or the PDF counter sheet?

Thank You for the clarification.

Alfred

I checked the original Forgotten Heroes: Vietnam and it has (6) 2-6-4 on the scenario card and 6 counters in the counter mix.

The scenario calls for US Army counters 2-6-4 and there are plenty of them. You might be looking at US Marine counters. So, it looks like there is enough counters.