Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Build 5.1.28

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Hi all,

I'm just uploading a new build 5.1.28 to LNL. They should have it available in a few days.

Changes

• Overhauled the Initial Orders Delay (IOD) code. Specifically modified ScenRealForce::GetForceProcessOrderDuration() reducing the impact of staff efficiency, commander efficiency, unit effectiveness and motorised modifiers. These now determine the "normal" orders delay duration and are added to the "initial" orders delay duration. The "initial" duration is now calculated by taking the standard orders delay duration for each force in the command chain and modifying this by the IOD modifier as set in the ScenMaker and adjusted for the relative time since the start of the scenario. The net effect of these changes is to lengthen the orders delay where there is an IOD and in particular for small efficient units, which were previously showing little delay.
  • Added new Duplicate function to the context menu inside the Estab Editor. You can now duplicate Service, Nation and even a Side. This will create copies of all subordinate estabs. You will then need to rename these but it does reduce the amount of work needed to create a new Service. Eg if you wanted to create a set of French Army estabs for late 44/early45, then you could duplicate the US Army estabs and then change the names to reflect the French estabs.

Daz

Nice one Dave.
I think Peter picked up on problems with the initial orders delay in a few scenarios.
Things should work out better now I would think.

simovitch

• Added new Duplicate function to the context menu inside the Estab Editor. You can now duplicate Service, Nation and even a Side. This will create copies of all subordinate estabs. You will then need to rename these but it does reduce the amount of work needed to create a new Service. Eg if you wanted to create a set of French Army estabs for late 44/early45, then you could duplicate the US Army estabs and then change the names to reflect the French estabs.
This will save me tons of time, thanks Dave. 1944 Free French, Poles, Canadian are all doable now.:cool:

rocketman

This will save me tons of time, thanks Dave. 1944 Free French, Poles, Canadian are all doable now.:cool:
Please let me know if you do the Canadians as I'm creating a Juno to D+1 scenario and would love help with estabs (haven't dared have a look at it yet :eek:).

Fox

How do should I go about getting the update, do I just download the core module again (from the same link or a new one)?

kylania

Isn't this delay part of the patch itself?

From the patch notes:

Changes

• Overhauled the Build An Installer (BAI) code. The net effect of these changes is to lengthen the orders delay where there is a BAI and in particular for small efficient units such as LNL, which were previously showing little delay.

:playful: