Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Question: Can CO1 scenarios be utilized in CO2?

Hugo

Dave, I'm not sure to understand when you talk about "stock CO1 scenarios", as I'm not familliar with the term "stock" here.

So let me ask it mt way, if you don't mind:

Do you have any plan of releasing scenarios or campaigns from previous CO1 iteration (like BftB, HttR, BfG, ...) but playable with the new CO2 engine ? I'll be glad to buy such packs, especially the Greece campaign, one of my favorite.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Dave, I'm not sure to understand when you talk about "stock CO1 scenarios", as I'm not familliar with the term "stock" here.

So let me ask it mt way, if you don't mind:

Do you have any plan of releasing scenarios or campaigns from previous CO1 iteration (like BftB, HttR, BfG, ...) but playable with the new CO2 engine ? I'll be glad to buy such packs, especially the Greece campaign, one of my favorite.
Welcome Hugo. The five modules currently contain most of the scenarios from our previous CO1 games. The Foothills of the Gods module is essentially the Greek and Albanian scenarios from COTA. The Cauldron module contains the Crete and Malta scenarios from COTA plus a number of north African and a Lemnos scenario. The BFTB scenarios have ben broken up into two modules - ie Ride of the Valkryies and Bastogne and the HTTR module contains those from the old HTTR Ex Pack. All five modules have been bundled in the Commander Pack #1 and this is on a special offer that expires mid June. All of these scenarios have been converted to run with the new CO2 engine. You can't use the old ones from CO1 in CO2. If you have some user designed scenarios of your own and you would like these converted then we will be offering a service to do that once the CO2 core goes final - probably in about two weeks time.

Fishbreath

Welcome Hugo. The five modules currently contain most of the scenarios from our previous CO1 games. The Foothills of the Gods module is essentially the Greek and Albanian scenarios from COTA. The Cauldron module contains the Crete and Malta scenarios from COTA plus a number of north African and a Lemnos scenario. The BFTB scenarios have ben broken up into two modules - ie Ride of the Valkryies and Bastogne and the HTTR module contains those from the old HTTR Ex Pack. All five modules have been bundled in the Commander Pack #1 and this is on a special offer that expires mid June. All of these scenarios have been converted to run with the new CO2 engine. You can't use the old ones from CO1 in CO2. If you have some user designed scenarios of your own and you would like these converted then we will be offering a service to do that once the CO2 core goes final - probably in about two weeks time.

Is there any news on this? Sometime in the next few weeks, I'm going to be starting the last scenario in tukker's Brabant Breakthrough pack, and I'd love to write it up with CO2 if possible.

Fishbreath

Any news on Brabant Breakthrough? My 'next few weeks' estimate turned out to be wildly optimistic, but I'm going to be finishing my Breaking Fortress Holland AAR series in December for sure, and it would be cool to do it in CO2 if possible.

Pieter

I'm sorry it took forever, but I'm happy to announce that the three 'Brabant Breakthrough' scenarios have been converted and can now be dowloaded from the 'Resources' page of this site.

Pieter 'tukker' Schouten

Tarm

Sorry for bumping such a old thread but it is relevant for my request/question.

I just bought command ops 2 highway to the reich. The reason I bought just that one is I'm a big fan of the original and especially one of the Bases fictional scenarios. It's the one where the five victory points roughly create a X. The forces are randomly selected between several presets for both sides.

Now my problem is that scenario doesn't seem to be included in the module I bought. Since that was essentially the reason I bought that module, I couldn't find a scenario list anywhere I feel a bit cheated.

So do you recognise the scenario from my description (I've forgotten the name and haven't been able to play the original game for several years because I don't have a computer that can run it.) and if so is it in another module and if not could you please port it to your new engine?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
We dropped the Battle of the Bases scenarios when we converted from the original HTTR to CO1. The prime reason being the amount of effort required for the conversion vis a vis the demand for non-historical scenarios of this type. The CO2 scenarios are again conversions of the CO1 HTTR. So yes they were not included. We don't have any plans to do so. At this stage we would effectively have to create the scenario from scratch. If enough people ask for it then we'd consider it. But we'd have to charge for this effort.

Tarm

We dropped the Battle of the Bases scenarios when we converted from the original HTTR to CO1. The prime reason being the amount of effort required for the conversion vis a vis the demand for non-historical scenarios of this type. The CO2 scenarios are again conversions of the CO1 HTTR. So yes they were not included. We don't have any plans to do so. At this stage we would effectively have to create the scenario from scratch. If enough people ask for it then we'd consider it. But we'd have to charge for this effort.

Thank you for answering.
I'd certainly pay full module price for a couple scenarios like that but from your answer I guess I'm in the minority and there isn't much hope. Come to think of it I'd pay full module price for just that scenario.

Ah well. I'll read your site from time to time and keep hoping.

Edit: Is CO1 being sold somewhere? If I can't find my old setup file or disc (Can't even remember which I bought.) I could buy that then and see if I could get it to run on windows 10.

Kurt

Hey Tarm , why not have a go at creating a similar scenario yourself :wideyed: its very rewarding .

Tarm

Hey Tarm , why not have a go at creating a similar scenario yourself :wideyed: its very rewarding .
Interesting reply. I just might do that. Depends mostly on if there are stock maps and troops I can use. Building something from scratch is too much for me.

Yes modding is very rewarding. I've done some modding in for example Dominions 4 and when I'm sufficiently satisfied with the mod it is a great feeling. :)

Kurt

Interesting reply. I just might do that. Depends mostly on if there are stock maps and troops I can use. Building something from scratch is too much for me.

Yes modding is very rewarding. I've done some modding in for example Dominions 4 and when I'm sufficiently satisfied with the mod it is a great feeling. :)
Well there are plenty of stock maps you can use , and creating fictitious forces from the " estab editor " is fairly easy once you get the hang of it .

Tarm

Well there are plenty of stock maps you can use , and creating fictitious forces from the " estab editor " is fairly easy once you get the hang of it .
Sounds like it shouldn't be too much work then. I'll put it on my to do list for my summer vacation. Thanks for the tips. :)