Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

range problems

several problems, in the "Dash for Dvna" scenario a Russian anti tank gun with a range of 2 on a hill (+1 for range) is destroying my units at a range of four? Am i missing something?

Trent Garner

Hello Herschel,

Can you please tell me if the AT-gun in question is the one at the top of the map, or the bottom of the map? This will help us track down the problem.

Thanks,

Trent

Last edited:

Trent Garner

Herschel,

Thank you for the information. While I was waiting for your reply, to try and reproduce the reported problem, I played the Dash for Dvina scenario 4 times in a row this evening. However, I did not see the AT-guns firing at a range of four hexes at any time during those four games. I deliberately placed my units at a range of four hexes from all the Russian AT-guns, in clear LOS, several times each game. The guns did not fire from that range in any of the four games played that I observed. Apologies, but I was unable to reproduce the problem.

Is it possible that you saw the Katyusha mobile artillery unit in the same area of the map firing over the AT-gun on the hill? That was the only thing I could come up with after playing tonight.

Here is a question for you as a player. Would it help if the enemy units showed the same red target arrows that friendly units show when they are targeting? It would be easier to identify which enemy units are firing in that case.

Trent

Vic

Yes. It would help knowing which of multiple units are firing at my units.

Trent Garner

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it. Another idea being discussed is to show the hex number of the firing and target units.

In any case, would it be better to show this information before, or after combat?

~TG

Trent Garner

I think we finally got this range thing cleared up over on the Facebook page. It was an honest mistake, turns out the Katyusha was firing at long range, rather than the AT-gun. I just wanted to add this bit of information to the thread, for those who might be following.

The AT-guns follow the rules correctly, there is no error in the game code.

ArmyHist

I was certain that was right having played that one 8 times in a row today!

Trent Garner

This is a hard scenario to beat, I think my win-loss ratio is around 50-50 against Jo.B's excellent AI for this one.

I have been known to hop around in an office chair in front of my computer, screaming expletives at the screen in a hoarse voice, as I watch my best laid plans get utterly destroyed, along with all my units, never having set foot or tread on the other side of the river. (sigh)

I do love a challenge!

Trent

ArmyHist

In SMASHING THROUGH I see Soviet T-34 tanks in the town hex I5 killing units behind the Hills in Hexes K3 and K4.