Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

World At War 85 writing assistance needed

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Hi everyone, with 8 games now planned for the series, and me being hip deep in rules, counters and map development for all of them, I am actively looking for help with the grunt work (not pulling any punches here) translating scans of previous edition scenarios into word docs (grunt work), but one at a time. (In most cases the published version of the scenarios is not in a text format, so yes, scans to Word conversion, or typing). No commitment necessary, now or later; try one and see how you like the process. Just looking for added hands to make the work lighter.

Carrot (aside from an obvious game credit and my eternal gratitude)? Later on I will of course need playtesters, and assistance with designing new scenarios (I know I have touched base with a couple of you about this already, its getting closer).

It will be work, albeit in small, digestible, scenario-sized chunks. But if you are interested, contact me privately, and I can give you more detailed requirements.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Ah! a keyboard at a last! :)

Maurice we are transcribing existing scenarios from their original PDF, scan, or wold Word format into a consistent Word format, as a basis for further development of them.
There are 144 (give or take) scenarios planned for the eight games, so there is plenty to do. :)

Would that be something you might want to try? Like I think I have said all along, if you are interested, try converting one, and if it feels OK to you I can give you another; and so on. You can work at your own pace as there are two fellows already working on it.

Let me know at keitht-AT-lnlpublishing.com

Thanks for touching base!

Last edited by a moderator:
Keith,

I could probably help, but not until May. Starting the end of the month, I'll be working 6x12s; between now and then I'll be getting my personal life (i.e., TAXES) squared away before I fall off the planet.

MichaelCD

I could try my hand at scanning them into a word doc. I do have FineReader OCR software that works really well on images too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keith Tracton

Staff member
I could try my hand at scanning them into a word doc. I do have FineReader OCR software that works really well on images too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey thanks for responding! I have a had a fabulous response and this process is proceeding quickly. There are many aspects of this project still to be covered. If you email me at keitht at lnlpublishing dot com, I can detail more of what I will need.

Thanks again!

Keith,

I'd be willing to help, if you still need it. I'm fast becoming a fan of LNLs WaW series and have begun purchasing all of your products I can find. I'm a writer/editor by profession, accustomed to working with technical material in specific formats. Let's try one and see how it goes.

<I am actively looking for help with the grunt work (not pulling any punches here) translating scans of previous edition scenarios into word docs (grunt work), but one at a time> - Keith.

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Hi Marc,

I have had an incredible response and so the main transcription process is complete. However if you do not mind volunteering to assist with writing, I would love have you on board to check over and perhaps generate new scenario descriptions to follow campaign maps I am developing for each game in the series.

Email me at Keith at LnLPublishing dot com if you are interested and I can go over some details. I am still organizing after the first pass but there is lots to do, and will likely culminate in playtesting (again if you are interested).

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Keith,
If you need still need help, I'd be willing to lend a hand.

Keith ;)
Oh thats totally confusing! :) I will get back to you by Saturday we are working to a production deadline this week. And thanks for the offer!

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Me too! I should have some free time now that the refueling outage is over.
Hi Scott. Thanks, and I will be in touch, I already have your email addy from your leader counter submission (and thanks!). If you all don't hear from me soon, likely the next step where I will be needing you all is paytesting some new (and revised) scenarios. Thanks for your availability![emoji2]