Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

occupation and completion

Jerowen

Hey guys,

I have a couple of questions about objectives. Let's say I've a certain objective with 5 out of 10 victory points. If I now lose this objective to the enemy just before the end of the game, Do I also lose these 5 points, Or do they still count to my total VP count?

and what about completion points. I guess I only get these points when I hold that objective when the game ends? And say I hold an objective with a completion bonus of 10 points, are these points taken account in the win/lose pointer in the upper left of the screen (when you're somewhere midgame I mean)?

Cheers lads!

Hey guys,

I have a couple of questions about objectives. Let's say I've a certain objective with 5 out of 10 victory points. If I now lose this objective to the enemy just before the end of the game, Do I also lose these 5 points, Or do they still count to my total VP count?

and what about completion points. I guess I only get these points when I hold that objective when the game ends? And say I hold an objective with a completion bonus of 10 points, are these points taken account in the win/lose pointer in the upper left of the screen (when you're somewhere midgame I mean)?

Cheers lads!
I believe the "Victory" description on Pg. 176 of the game manual addresses your questions. I quote from it because if you're using the Steam-purchased manual, its display was truncated at page 67:

"Victory in CO: BFTB depends on your success in achieving your Objectives ( see Objectives ). Victory is measured in terms of Victory Points (VPs). These are awarded for completing an objective, for occupying an objective, for exiting units and for destroying the enemy. However, victory is relative – your successes can be diminished or even surmounted by those of the enemy.

"Your current progress is shown on the Victory Meter ( see Victory Meter ). Each minute of the game, your VP total is determined and then compared with that of the other side to determine the current victory level and this is then shown on the Victory Meter. In doing so, it presumes you will be awarded completion VPs ( see Completion and Occupation ) for any currently held objective – in other words, it reflects the level of victory you would be awarded if the game ended this minute. Of course things rarely stay the same in a battle situation."

simovitch

jerowen: you don't lose occupation points if you lose the objective, they just stop accumulating. And you are correct, "completion" points are awarded as a lump sum if you own the objective at the end of the game.