Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Solo Plans?

Flint Harbin

Hello!

Mighty fine website you have here :)

Are there any plans for a solitaire module to go along with World at War 85?

Thanks for the info!

Scott

Paul Johnston

Count me in ! It's already not too bad solo,with the chit draw system keeping the turn order unpredicatable. I also use a standard 52 card deck of playing cards, if I need to make a further decision, apart from the obvious choice for any particular formation at any given time. Basically, if you are stuck, draw a card for them, and if it's black, then make movement towards the objective,using half the formation to fire and half to move, or all of them to fire on the move if capable of it.
A red card is the opposite, basically fire all you can at the enemy, moving only to obtain a better position, or get in range etc.
A picture card in either colour keeps the basic move/fire protocol , but also means the HQ will use any available off board artillery/assets first , before doing so.
As I say, I don't use it for every formation, every turn, nor is it perfect , but it helps in decision making where you are not sure what to do because of multiple options.
Additionally, with 10 number cards in each suite, you can easily refine further options if you desire more detail. I haven't tried this myself, but I guess it would have to depict an ' If case A do this, if not proceed to case B ' type of listing for each number.
Just a thought, thrown out here for your consideration.

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Hello!

Mighty fine website you have here :)

Are there any plans for a solitaire module to go along with World at War 85?

Thanks for the info!

Scott

Not to my knowledge though I imagine the thought has crossed David's mind. It is pretty solitaire friendly now, given the formation activation system in the game (we are switching from chits to cards...).