Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Startling claim - Cargo Ship carrying LnLT Games sunk by U-Boat!?!?

Breaking News...totally unsubstantiated rumours and wild non factual gossip explain the late arrival of the LnLT games on the sinking of the slow ship bearing them by the long lost WW II German U-Boat U-1874...
U-1874 was never seen after the end of WW2 and was supposed to be carrying top officials from the regime with large amounts of gold to the night clubs of Majorca where they planned to smoothly blend in with the tourists drinking schnapps and picking up chicks...

Here's a totally unrelated picture being used to back up these ludicrous claims (thanks to Wikipedia)...
image_zpshiww87fz.jpeg

We are waiting on a comment from LnL regarding this.

Believe it or not...;)

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Amazon Women attacked and took over the ship.

So the real news is the games are on three ships and will be arriving in port and I paid extra for the speedy service to get the containers from the ship to trucks to the warehouse. These trucks will drive directly to our new fulfillment location in Colorado. The Pre-orders ending will be the sign that the games are close. I am not going to give a set date because I keep getting screwed over doing that. I do currently have tracking on these containers and I watch it very day. Need I say once the games are here I will have a very interesting story to share with everyone about this adventure.

David

David Gray

So the real news is the games are on three ships and will be arriving in port and I paid for the speedy service to get the containers from the ship to trucks. These trucks will drive directly to our new fulfillment house in Colorado. The Pre-orders ending will be the sign that the games are close. I am not going to give a date because I keep getting screwed over. I do currently have tracking on these containers and I watch it very day. Need I say once the games are here I will have a very interesting story to share with everyone about this adventure.

David

Thems that have preorders 'll be the lucky ones...

ChuckB

So the real news is the games are on three ships and will be arriving in port and I paid for the speedy service to get the containers from the ship to trucks. These trucks will drive directly to our new fulfillment house in Colorado. The Pre-orders ending will be the sign that the games are close. I am not going to give a date because I keep getting screwed over. I do currently have tracking on these containers and I watch it very day. Need I say once the games are here I will have a very interesting story to share with everyone about this adventure.

David

Ah, not a single ship but a convoy - now I'm less concerned about submarines :)

Thanks for the update, David and let's all wish you and us luck that things are going smoothly from now on.

Thanks for the update David!

Also thanks to all for their input to this thread...I am surprised Captain Nemo and the Mermen didn't make an appearance though...

Once we know that games are loaded onto the trucks I'll add a link to C. W. McCall's "Convoy"...:woot:...

Well, let me tell you the Zig-Zagging is not helping. o_O
Now lemme see if I got this straight. The counters are on one boat, the mapboards are on another boat and the charts & tables on yet another boat. The 3" boxes are being floated across the Pacific. One ship goes to LA, the second goes to San Diego and the third is stuck on a reef at Pango Pango.

Then the trucks have to wait for all of the containers to arrive in Seattle and the floating boxes are dried off.
The trucks then drive to Chama, NM, get loaded onto six box cars on the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic RR (ex-D&RGW) except for the boxes that are Scotch taped to a flat car to air out.

They arrive at Antonito, CO, where they are transfered to 137 Uber Suburbans and the boxes go on three dump trucks. When (and if) they finally arrive in West Pueblo at the new distribution center where 900 guys put them all together in paper grocery bags until the boxes arrive.

Meanwhile, the 900 guys take the bags to the post office where the postmaster runs from the building screaming filthy words. The boxes will be mailed sometime after the Christmas rush, but in the meantime, customers can keep the paper bags as a reward for waiting so long. ;-)

BUT, it was worth the wait because now we can play the Wermacht vs. the Viet Cong in Noville, Belgium, 'cause the 900 guy packed the wrong stuff in the boxes wrong boxes. Wasn't there fault; the sea water made the printing on the boxes fade.

That about the size of it?

Al

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

No, trust me not as funny as real life.
And here I was just trying to give you a laugh. If it's worse than my cock & bull story, it really must be bad. I have a bottle of 12 year old Irish whiskey, can I send it to you to make you feel better?

Hang in there, David, it will all come together.

Al

Doug Alber

Breaking News...totally unsubstantiated rumours and wild non factual gossip explain the late arrival of the LnLT games on the sinking of the slow ship bearing them by the long lost WW II German U-Boat U-1874...
U-1874 was never seen after the end of WW2 and was supposed to be carrying top officials from the regime with large amounts of gold to the night clubs of Majorca where they planned to smoothly blend in with the tourists drinking schnapps and picking up chicks...

Here's a totally unrelated picture being used to back up these ludicrous claims (thanks to Wikipedia)...
image_zpshiww87fz.jpeg

We are waiting on a comment from LnL regarding this.

Believe it or not...;)
Actually, my wife's cousin has a friend who knows someone who has a friend who's sister is best friends with someone who has a brother in the navy and he says that there is an out of control small boat unit in the South Pacific that's gotten a hold of a shipment of games from a Japanese navy unit and they are planning to use them to fund a party on a small local island. I also heard that the unit commander (some Lt Cdr, name starts with Mc-something, maybe McHale?) is trying to set everything right, but he's also trying to hide the whole incident from his commander (some O-6 named Binghamton or something like that). Supposedly hilarity is ensuing. ;)