Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

MY WISH LIST FOR FUTURE LNL GAMES

The Korean War (Full game)
"The Frozen Chosen" (Expansion)

Tet Offensive 1968 (Expansion)
Large mapsheet covering Hue City, the Perfume River and The Citadel. Could include PBR's, Landing Craft, USMC "Mules" with 106mm recoilless rifles, naval gunfire support, etc.

The Iraq War: Operation Enduring Freedom

The War In Afghanistan

I'm just saying.

Al B.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Tony Costa

I would love to see, and possibly help, on a Hue City 1968 module similar in style to Days of Heroes. But just for the first phase south of the Perfume River.
I was thinking about this last week and looked at a Hue City map, the area from roughly the MACV compoud SW to the University will just barely fit on a Day of Heroes sized map sheet. I was actually thinking of maybe trying to run the Vietnam counters through the DoH map, that left side of the map is a decent substitute.

Do you have thoughts on how to get the USMC "Mules" with 106mm recoilless rifles into the game for now with existing counters? Might need to adjust the Ontos a bit too.

The Iraq War: Operation Enduring Freedom: Could probably to that now with DoH map but we need more M1A1's for my purposes :smuggrin:

Rydo

"Heroes of the Gulf"
I would be interested in a Gulf War module ( 1991 ). Covers pretty much infantry and vehicles.

More historical mudules about the Vietnam war, maybe adding South Korean forces presents and even the final act of that war with the chinese "teaching lesson" to the just winner North Vietnam.

"Heroes of Indochina"
This is a must. No need to say more but i read books about the subject and it needs to be portrayed someday or if not i'll make it on my own.

"Heroes of Algeria"
Not much known is the Algerian war of independence. France against Algerian insurgents. Basically an Iraqi freedom in Algeria with the French.

"Heroes of South America"
All in one. The small and variegated wars that happened from the 50' to the 90' circa. "Soccer war", "Chaco war", etc.

"Heroes of South Africa"
Rhodesian war, south african war, and some more. All under one module.

"Heroes of...tomorrow"
More hypothetical stuff. What ifs and so on. I was working on one about the chinese invading taiwan but time is never enought and as ambitious as it was it overwhelmed me. ( Still i have all the units/vehicles values done and scenarios. ).

==============================

Basically two ready modules, one about an antartica secret german base and the us going in to stop them ( all units/vehicles values and special rules written, all scenarios done, need map and will power to test it all. I even made a levitating german tank ).
And the last is a Lock'n Load version of Nuklear winter '68 ( units/vehicles/creatures values and rules written, campaign scenario and scenarios done. Need map and will power to test this all. Interesting rules for ravagers and scourges. ).

==============================

Nice thread.

I would love to see, and possibly help, on a Hue City 1968 module similar in style to Days of Heroes. But just for the first phase south of the Perfume River.
I was thinking about this last week and looked at a Hue City map, the area from roughly the MACV compoud SW to the University will just barely fit on a Day of Heroes sized map sheet.

I've been looking for a suitable quality map of 1968 Hue City. Any online sources?

- Charlie

Jeff Lewis

Well we have Heroes of Grenada (complete game) in development (lots of fun stuff in this one!). And Hell Frozen Over (Attu Island expansion for HotP)

Heroes of Fallujah is in concept.

I have the sketches for a Falklands battle pack or expansion (scenarios and a couple maps)

What I'd like to do: (These are what are on my mind, and it seems many of you are thinking similarly).

Another complete game of North Africa that focuses on the Americans and Germans (with some Brit/Commonwealth and Italians) in Tunisia. With expansion for Operation Husky.

Someone mentioned Poland . . . I'd definitely like to add Poland and also Norway and Denmark to the Heroes in Defiance tree.

Another Pacific expansion, perhaps on Guadalcanal, and Iwo Jima. A complete game featuring the Aussies and Brits, perhaps.

A Korean War complete game.

More Nam expansions. The Hue large map idea is intriguing.

Perhaps a Spanish Civil War complete game.

A Panama complete game (Operation Just Cause)

Modern Afghanistan.

Perhaps a game devoted to Special Forces missions.

Keep the ideas coming

Tony Costa

Great stuff Jeff. What is your definition of Expansion? Something like the ziplock Noville: Bastogne's Outpost?
Because you wrote: "...With expansion for Operation Husky..."
Sicily can be a full boxed game, in my opinion. Tons of stuff there, varied types of US Army and British units and missions, Germans and Italians. And the Canadians have a large presence too which is very cool. Not to mention several more boxes and expansions for the Italian campaign.

Another question: Which LnLT module has a complete standard 1942 or 1944 US Army Rifle Company?
I'm guessing HoNA has the 1942 Rifle Company?

Well we have Heroes of Grenada (complete game) in development (lots of fun stuff in this one!). And Hell Frozen Over (Attu Island expansion for HotP)

Heroes of Fallujah is in concept.

I have the sketches for a Falklands battle pack or expansion (scenarios and a couple maps)

What I'd like to do: (These are what are on my mind, and it seems many of you are thinking similarly).

Another complete game of North Africa that focuses on the Americans and Germans (with some Brit/Commonwealth and Italians) in Tunisia. With expansion for Operation Husky.

Someone mentioned Poland . . . I'd definitely like to add Poland and also Norway and Denmark to the Heroes in Defiance tree.

Another Pacific expansion, perhaps on Guadalcanal, and Iwo Jima. A complete game featuring the Aussies and Brits, perhaps.

A Korean War complete game.

More Nam expansions. The Hue large map idea is intriguing.

Perhaps a Spanish Civil War complete game.

A Panama complete game (Operation Just Cause)

Modern Afghanistan.

Perhaps a game devoted to Special Forces missions.

Keep the ideas coming

Hmm... sign me up for a Pre-Order for virtually all of the above!

I have stuff on Hue City, but I'm only sharing if it will be used for a Lock n Load game.
I've worked on some map ideas, but I'm using 1/50,000 maps from 1968...

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/topo/vietnam/txu-pclmaps-oclc-21713238-6541-4.jpg

I'd love to find a streetmap... or better yet, if Google Maps had 1968 in their way back machine! ;)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...xbf3b50af70b5c7b7!8m2!3d16.4498!4d107.5623501

One of these days, I'll take the time to get a good Google Maps clean view of Hue and overlay a hexgrid. I did the same for Fallujah a few years ago.

- C

Rydo

I've worked on some map ideas, but I'm using 1/50,000 maps from 1968...

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/topo/vietnam/txu-pclmaps-oclc-21713238-6541-4.jpg

I'd love to find a streetmap... or better yet, if Google Maps had 1968 in their way back machine! ;)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Huế,+Thua+Thien+Hue,+Vietnam/@16.4677409,107.5916092,666m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x3141a115e1a7935f:0xbf3b50af70b5c7b7!8m2!3d16.4498!4d107.5623501

One of these days, I'll take the time to get a good Google Maps clean view of Hue and overlay a hexgrid. I did the same for Fallujah a few years ago.

- C
Scan and work on the map from a week in hell battles magazine. It would work well. Of course if you have the game :)

Or pixel by pixel the other way is photoshop but it takes tiiiime :)

Mark Drake

Heroes of the Nam expansions: Hue and Saigon maps for Tet , a Battle Pack with new scenarios , a campaign system following a company thru various Missions during a certain time frame and/or battle, new counter set (with 106 WT's ,Mules, more helos and armored vehicles like the V-100, riverine craft , NVA/VC suicide sapper counters)

Heroes of Korea: both 1950-53 and hypothetical modern

Heroes of Espana: Spanish Civil War

Rydo

hypothetical modern
:writer: don't worry about that...

Second Korean War starter kit already in the works and coming soon...not an official product...

Attachments

• sk.jpg
    sk.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 24
  • pp.png
    pp.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 21
  • sk2.png
    sk2.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Mark Drake

Also forgot to add another idea for HotN--Heroes of Indochine (French vs Viet Minh.)
Know this was done in Vae Victis magazine but could use a full expansion I believe.

Jeff Lewis

Heroes of the Nam expansions: Hue and Saigon maps for Tet , a Battle Pack with new scenarios , a campaign system following a company thru various Missions during a certain time frame and/or battle, new counter set (with 106 WT's ,Mules, more helos and armored vehicles like the V-100, riverine craft , NVA/VC suicide sapper counters)

Heroes of Korea: both 1950-53 and hypothetical modern

Heroes of Espana: Spanish Civil War
All good ideas. There's tons we can do with Nam. I think a Hue city map would be awesome. Perhaps even a campaign. What do you guys think? How do you feel about Campaigns? Or Campaigns that can also be played as individual scenarios?

Jeff Lewis

Canadians in Italy... Canadians in Normandy.... Canadian Scheldt Campaign... Canadians in Korea...
I'd love to get the Canadians into the system. Scheldt would be good, same with Italy. We could get the Brazilians in Italy too. Ah, there's so much. So much.