Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Scenarios with British airborne

Bie

Having played Highway to the Reich I've really had a lot of fun playing with the 1st Airborne division. Now I've just come off of a Normandy vacation visiting all the war related sites and was wondering if there are more scenarios in command ops with any British airborne elements?

I thought 6th Airborne division saw some action in the Ardennes. Quickly skimmed through the scenarios but couldn't really find anything.

john connor

No Brit airborne in the present batch of scenario packs, not that I recall, anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.

There have been various user made Normandy scenarios in the past, mostly put together for CO1, but with a little easy conversion they all worked in CO2. However, that was in the Matrix days, with Matrix hosting them, and I've no idea where you can get them now. Sorry. There were 2 big user made Epsom scenarios that featured the Brits (though not airborne).

UPDATE: Oh I see you can get Epsom from the resources section here. And a little D-Day scenario (not Brits) that I posted (not done by me though). Have a look there for Normandy stuff. Might be something that interests.

No Brit airborne in the present batch of scenario packs, not that I recall, anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.

There have been various user made Normandy scenarios in the past, mostly put together for CO1, but with a little easy conversion they all worked in CO2. However, that was in the Matrix days, with Matrix hosting them, and I've no idea where you can get them now. Sorry. There were 2 big user made Epsom scenarios that featured the Brits (though not airborne).

UPDATE: Oh I see you can get Epsom from the resources section here. And a little D-Day scenario (not Brits) that I posted (not done by me though). Have a look there for Normandy stuff. Might be something that interests.
British Airborne units are featured in scenarios that include Arnhem in Highway to the Reich.

john connor

I thought he meant aside from HTTR, Jim, as he said he'd played it. But true, there are of course loads of Brit Paras in HTTR.

Bie

The Epsom phase IV scenario features a British para bde.

Pieter

Thanks for the heads up. The Epsom scenarios seem to be nicely put together. I'l give them a play through once I have a bit more time.