Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Heroes of the Pacific Digital Edition

Rodger Samuel

I had a great time playtesting HoS and playing it since release. I'll definitely be volunteering for the playtest for this, and looking forward to getting the modules as quickly as you can release them!

Jason Rimmer

I reckon the spotting mechanic will work well with a Jungle Setting. For Stalingrad I'm afraid it just restricted a common street fighting tactic employed during Stalingrad which was bringing buildings under heavy fire before and during an assault to pin down any enemy inside and make the assaulting units job easier. This isn't really possible in HOS as you have to spot troops first which really hinders tactical\Historical gameplay. This mechanic really does dent my enjoyment of the game sadly as I imagine with a different spotting mechanic it would have been one of my all time favourite tactical games. As I said maybe Jungle warfare will suit that mechanic better.

Francesco

Speaking about the "old"HoS,i have found another bug.I have prepared a scenario with mud and any time i move a tank there is the bog check.The problem is that in this bog check the program add modifier like "vehicle in movement+1" or,worse",damage check +6 or +5.In the last case seem that the game use some armor factor of the tank for this check.
Is evident that with a +6 or +5 the bog is sure,so the scenario is unplayable.
Another bug is in the LOS at different level.If a unit is at level 0, immediately behind a level 1,can see a unit at level 2 and at several hexagons of distance but the inverse not.
I think that is important for the programmer to know this bugs not only to correct them in HoS but also to avoid them in the new edition.

Last edited:

Francesco

Speaking about the "old"HoS,i have found another bug.I have prepared a scenario with mud and any time i move a tank there is the bog check.The problem is that in this bog check the program add modifier like "vehicle in movement+1" or,worse",damage check +6 or +5.In the last case seem that the game use some armor factor of the tank for this check.
Is evident that with a +6 or +5 the bog is sure,so the scenario is unplayable.
Another bug is in the LOS at different level.If a unit is at level 0, immediately behind a level 1,can see a unit at level 2 and at several hexagons of distance but the inverse not.
I think that is important for the programmer to know this bugs not only to correct them in HoS but also to avoid them in the new edition.
No one give me an answer or a comment?

Punisher

I was part of the original play testers for Heroes Of Stalingrad and can't wait for this new game with new engine! I still play HOS and after all these years haven't tired off it yet. It's nice one you can just load up a game on your computer and play a quick scenario against the computer. Best of luck on this new game engine!

Eddie Carlson

There was an article published on Grogheads today about the new PC edition of Heroes of the Pacific and the ZunTzu Edition as well.

You can find it here at Grogheads

After reading the article, I'm very excited for this. ZunTzu is my favorite digital board game platform and it's a shame not other companies are using it. To see LnL putting out a quality game board for ZunTzu is great. And reading that you plan on introducing a chat feature that can be used with all ZunTzu games is great. I hope you convert more of you games to ZunTzu soon. Especially your out of print games. I'd easily pay $10 for professionally made ZunTzu modules of your out of stock games! ZunTzu just seems to have fallen to the wayside, but this is something that will put some new life into it!!