Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Lock'n Load - The Empire's Gambit [ Closed ]

Rydo

Lock'n Load Tactical - The Imperial's Gambit

Long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...The Galactic Empire was in control of must known space, forcing his rules and evil over everyone.
Most creatures accepted those rules, forced by strenght and fear.
But not all hope was lost for the universe as some challenged the Empire and slowly emerged as a formidable fighting force...those were called Rebels.
Using hit and run tactics, sabotages and assassinations this rebellion soon gathered the interest of many and inevitably dragged the attention of high ranking Imperial personalities.
A small crucial mission was to be achieved on the planet of Tatooine, so important it should not fail...unluckily for the rebels, some Empire spies managed to get intel about this secret and reported back to their officials.
On a hot sunny day, a rebel patrol scouted the encounter area near Mos Esley waiting for the signal from the city. The answer arrived swiftly, a blaster shot directly in the head of the Rodian ahead of the patrol.
From the rear a shout "IMPERIALS!".
In the distance an Imperial officer gave the order "All troops in combat formation, we need that package. Kill all those rebel scum!".

This is just the beginning, i will keep this post updated as new stuff is beign made.
This is not a module that will be released but still I will show you the counters so that you can enjoy if you're a fan.
Creating counters and posting them on here does not violate any rights to disney as this is only a fan art as there are thousands online so I'm pretty sure to be safe.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update #2 : Bacta cells done. Basically those represents a couple of bacta grenades and not just one but when used they'll disappear. What they do is to provide medical aid without the need of a medic on the field.

In game they gives you a + ( whatever number is printed ) on your rally attempt and you can use those in or outside your rally phase but the unit using them will be marked ops complete whatever result they get if used outside. Those grenades can also heal a wounded leader/hero. Pretty powerful but makes you lose time. Hou you'll use them?

rsz_2bactacells.png

Update #3 : A pretty big update. I've standardized the counter width and scale. Now works are proceeding more fast thanks to that.

All support weapons are done, both Imperial and Rebel ones. Here's a Rebel SW :

dlt19ribelle.png
This represents a captured Imperial Heavy Blaster. Known as heavy blaster, its technical name is DLT-19. It is capable of precisely hit targets outside the kilometer. It was Lock'n Loaded to make it playable. Would you have liked beign sniped from map board edges?

This is an example of the standardized counter i was talking about :

imperialleader2.png
General ideas want the Imperial troops to be imprecise and of poor quality. But the Imperial Sandtroopers are amongst the best trained and motivated troops avaible to the Empire's Army.
Their special equipment also enables them to operate even during sandstorms, an ability the Rebels may want to remember.

Take into account that those that i'm showing you are purposely resized and the border added. Real ones are of much more better size, quality and no shadows on the borders and without them too.

All Imperial leaders are done ( both good and shaken side ).

Now the big part, i wasn't sure if i wanted to spoil it to you, so i choosed the module rules cover. Old style, black and white. The main cover is colored and with different text.
If you're an old Ln'L player you'll recognize the inspiration! But if you're not, basically i was heavily inspired by the original Band of Heroes cover! What a great way to honor Ln'L.
Here you have it :

frontpagemodulerules.png

And thats all for today. Now i'm working on skill cards and then the AT-ST, but not today. Today just skill cards.

Move along...

Update #4 : Just little retouch here and there but for now is on hold.

Last edited:

Rydo

What happened?

I was very eager to show the project i was working on then i realized its better to not mess up with Disney and risk Lock'n Load any troubles so i opted for a silent closure.

It was something cool about a very famous film series about force, rebels, etc.

Better not wake up the sleeping dog we say here :(

Last edited:

Barthheart

Staff member
I know I saw your original post and was looking forward to more..... did they actually say something to you?

Rydo

I know I saw your original post and was looking forward to more..... did they actually say something to you?
No, but i was a little bit scared as online i read that Disney doesn't accept well fan projects. I will continue to work on that module and post an AAR after i finished it. I don't think that is illegal.

And Merry Christmas :)

Last edited:

Nick DelCorpo

looks good rydo just don't know if lasers and lightsaber will work with the same ruleset as bayonets and rifles, even with mod-specific chrome added on. There is still so much WW2 we have yet to get our beaks in, we not try Sicily 42,Manchuria 39, China 36-45, then maybe Chinese civil war, that dovetails into a joint Vietnam versus China game (70's) We don't even have a proper d-day beach assault yet... A Normandy game where they leave the best part out,never understood that.

Rydo

looks good rydo just don't know if lasers and lightsaber will work with the same ruleset as bayonets and rifles, even with mod-specific chrome added on. There is still so much WW2 we have yet to get our beaks in, we not try Sicily 42,Manchuria 39, China 36-45, then maybe Chinese civil war, that dovetails into a joint Vietnam versus China game (70's) We don't even have a proper d-day beach assault yet... A Normandy game where they leave the best part out,never understood that.
Thank you!

I just played with the rules to justify the ranges, you know sandstorms, stormtroopers unprecision. You're right, this is a bit of a strech because lasers have, according to the wiki, kilometers as range!! but this is a little homage to a serie i like that i want to finish it.

After that and the vassal module i can start workng on new things. I think a great free expansion for the community could be the chinese lesson on North Vietnam, we just have to add the chinese as we have everything else.

We also lack Korea and the South koreans in vietnam too.

Or Indochina.

I'm studying the vietnam war for few years now and i've read plenty of books, something good will surely came out of it as i'm not a newbie about that conflict :)

The next project will involve the vietnam emisphere for sure.

Nick DelCorpo

I am becoming an expert when it comes to Russo-Japanese border conflicts. The map from Hell is perfect with a few bridge and river overlays. We would need half a sheet of early Russian armor and maybe some Japanese equipment. But we can use both for other theaters. I think its a win-win, but then again i'm unemployed !!!!! So what do i know :) HAHAHAHA. Depending on price I could send you the three or four monograms I have in English, I also have a Russian friend looks into that side of things. The Japanese sources, I am at a loss even to translate slowly.